Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Here to answer all your questions

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Johannesburg, SA
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Exclamation Here to answer all your questions

    Hi People, first post on this BB. I'm the MD of a company that specializes in supplying and installing generators, from 5kVA to 2000kVA in size.

    I've noticed a lot of questions flying around on this BB WRT generators, I'm here to gladly assist and answer all your questions if needed.


  2. #2
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Midrand, Gauteng
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Hi Generator Man,

    Welcome to the forum. I have a question for you...

    I live in a townhouse complex, so a normal generator is out of the question for me. My back door, and my front door is right next to my neighbor's door (about 15 cm apart to be precise). What cost effective solutions are available to me? I run a business from home, and require backup for 2x laptops, 2x printers, 1x fax, 1x TV (optional), 1x light (optional also).

    Then, the solution you suggest... Will this be automated? What safeguards are in place (I've heard about generators being fried when the power comes back). Is it 100% noise free?

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Johannesburg, SA
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kernel32 View Post
    Hi Generator Man,

    Welcome to the forum. I have a question for you...

    I live in a townhouse complex, so a normal generator is out of the question for me. My back door, and my front door is right next to my neighbor's door (about 15 cm apart to be precise). What cost effective solutions are available to me? I run a business from home, and require backup for 2x laptops, 2x printers, 1x fax, 1x TV (optional), 1x light (optional also).

    Then, the solution you suggest... Will this be automated? What safeguards are in place (I've heard about generators being fried when the power comes back). Is it 100% noise free?
    Hi there and thanks for the questions.

    I see your problem, a generator will simply not do due to noise, the most silent sets are still around 65dB @7m, which is pretty much the kind of noise you hear inside a car when travelling at 100km/h. We can set up fully automated start/shut down functions in case of a power failure though.

    The best I can suggest in this case is an Inverter/UPS, we don't do those as we specialize only in generators, but if you PM me your contact details, I can get someone that we refer all the UPS deals to, to contact you.

  4. #4
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Midrand, Gauteng
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Could you perhaps add their contact details to this thread? Maybe a website link if they've got one? Just so everyone with similar needs have instant access to the information. Not sure what the forum stance is on giving out contact details for businesses? Dave, is it OK?

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Johannesburg, SA
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Contact details

    Our contact details:

    Maverick Generators

    0832689449 (my direct number)
    website: www.maverickgenerators.co.za
    e-mail: info@maverickgenerators.co.za

    Will supply the inverter company's contact details on Monday when I am back at the office.

  6. #6
    Site Caretaker Dave A's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Durban, South Africa
    Posts
    20,979
    Thanks
    3,055
    Thanked 2,462 Times in 2,067 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by kernel32 View Post
    Not sure what the forum stance is on giving out contact details for businesses? Dave, is it OK?
    Local is lekker and on-topic helps

    And if people want to donate their email address to the spam bots whilst they're about it... Well, we do provide a private message service so you don't have to
    The trouble with opportunity is it normally comes dressed up as work.

  7. #7
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,346
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 254 Times in 209 Posts
    invertors and lazer printers not always a good idea.

  8. #8
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Midrand, Gauteng
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    invertors and lazer printers not always a good idea.
    Yes, even with a UPS they don't recommend putting a laser printer on it. That's fine by me, as long as I can use my little backup inkjet all-in-one.

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Johannesburg, SA
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kernel32 View Post
    Yes, even with a UPS they don't recommend putting a laser printer on it. That's fine by me, as long as I can use my little backup inkjet all-in-one.
    They should be ok on a true sine wave inverter, but cost once again is a big issue. The mostly chinese made modified SW and square wave available on our market are not compatible with a few electronic equipment. Microwave ovens for one.

Similar Threads

  1. Premicells, private calls and people who don't answer their phone
    By Dave A in forum General Business Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 16-Nov-10, 08:56 AM
  2. 2 Questions
    By Debbiedle in forum General Chat Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-Apr-08, 06:18 PM
  3. The default answer is No
    By duncan drennan in forum Entrepreneurship and Business Management Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-Nov-07, 08:58 AM
  4. PAYE: some salary questions
    By duncan drennan in forum Tax Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-Dec-06, 10:17 PM

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •