When it comes to personal information and the internet, there are different levels of privacy to consider:
- Public - viewable without restriction
- Public group - viewable only by members, but membership is open to all
- Private group - viewable only by members who qualify by a selection process
- Personal group - viewable only by members who you personally select
- Private - viewable by you only
In drawing up the permission structure for the networking functionality here, I am currently looking at what information should fall into which group, and where there should be an option to make a personal choice.
The one absolute is that passwords must viewable/changeable by you only.
Email addresses also seem to be considered sensitive information by many.
But there are lots of other categories of information and discussion. What are your views? What information should fall in which category?
You personal views on this would really help.