Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to go about launching a website?

Thanks
    I am an I T challenged oxygen thief. May I suggest that you go to http://www.storiesandissues.co.za/ and have a look at the posting "Creation of this Website.
    You appear to be where I was at one stage.
    Good luck

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesM View Post
    Hi there,

I'd like to gather info on the best ways to launch a new website without having a huge PPC budget?

Here are a couple of ideas I've had, with a fair amount of success:
    1.) Participate in forums that are relevant to your audience
    2.) Submit as many press releases as possible to press release websites
    3.) Make a video, brand it with your domain and post on youtube and metacafe
    4.) If you travel quite a lot, have a nice sign made and put it on your car's bumper, this way everyone behind you in traffic will stare at your name for a long time.
    5.) Participate on social networks and bookmarking sites

These ideas work quite well, but take quite a lot of time.

Does anyone else have a few suggestions?
    I want to add some things like article marketing, guest posting and relevant blog commenting.

Thanks
    Woah this thread makes me feel old

There is a wealth of information online about creating website using CMS. I would suggest buying a test domain and renting a cheap shared hosting server (at least 1 database) and playing around with it. Install a CMS of choice and just practice with it.

I would recommend WordPress because it has much more information available for beginners. Apart from the huge amount of plugins available to help you, it also has a great support forum where you will most likely find an answer to your questions.

4. Thanks given for this post:

David McG (18-Sep-15)

Thanks
    can you please help with absolutely free domain servers.

Thanks
    Good Morning,

My name is Anton. I'm glad I came across your chat. I'm a beginner in the online marketing business. I went for a few courses with Chris Farrell membership. I really did learn a lot from him. Seriously, I've been struggling for 4 months and didn't make any money on line.

Maybe my downfall is that some "settings" in the "back office" is not talking to the correct systems. I did everything that Chris said, but still no ROI.

Will you please share a few thoughts with me? It feels like I'm the only one in SA that is "dof" with this.

Thank you
    Regards
    Anton

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Hmm.. If you're using Joomla as your CMS I wrote a pretty popular article for Moz.com a couple years back which could help you improve your on-site SEO efforts.

As far as driving traffic to your site goes, the above is a prime example of what worked really well for me. I spent a whole lot of time writing quality content for highly popular websites in my industry both locally and internationally and got a ton of links and references in return. The quality seriously has to be good though or you're wasting your time.

Right now our advertising spend is zero and we run a perfectly sustainable business.

At the end of the day, there is no substitute for expertise. Spend the time producing quality and don't go straight for the quick fixes. Relationships matter more than you know and contributing wholeheartedly on a forum such as this one could net you more business than you expect.

Hope that helps.

P.S. Don't bother with press releases unless you've got a really interesting story to tell. Even then, I'd hope to have a few relationships with popular journalists/bloggers before placing much hope in press releases.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12