Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is Mugabe's problem?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well done to Dictator Bob for successfully getting himself installed as President of Zimbabwe for another 5 year term. No problems with getting the result of the Presidential poll out this time, I see.

Did anyone watch the Zimbabwe and flamingo segments on Carte Blanche last night? I think Dictator Bob has got a worthy protégé.

Thanks

Parody

Great bit of parody on News24
    Congratulations Mr President
    30/06/2008 08:14 - (SA)

Lucas Ntyintyane, News24 User

Congratulations are in order to our dear president Robert Mugabe for winning another term in office. It was a tough race Mr President; the MDC gave you a scare. But I knew you had plenty of tricks up your sleeve.

I always said you were a fox. I was right. Using violence to scare the MDC supporters was brilliant. Violence has never let you down - right from the time you chased away the late Joshua Nkomo.

As usual the army and police chiefs kept their word. Mister President, they need you more than you need them. Only in Africa are security chiefs millionaires and farm owners. It is their duty to ensure you don't lose power, otherwise they will lose everything.

I was not surprised by the trumped up treason charges against Tendai Biti. It's the old Idi Amin trick. You were right Mister President, a "mere X" cannot stand against the barrel of the gun. How can you campaign if your leaders are in prison? How can you speak out, if there is a gun in your mouth? Indeed, Mister President, you have degrees in violence. Only the imperialists will dare call you a dictator.
    News 24 link
    But this is water off the flamingo's back
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Suspended
    Thanks
    what is mugabe's problem...he doesnt seem to think there is a problem its everyone else who has a problem.

well it is sad to say but i am starting to wonder about our goverment they dont seem to have any problems either...the way the country is falling apart has nothing to do with them...they still living pretty and the only thing that is getting better is the tax system so there are more suplus funds to squander...the fact that the interest rates...petrol prices and everything else is going up doesnt affect them because they are civil servant and so long as the tax money is pouring in who cares what happens to the rest of us...the fact that the reposesion rate of cars have gone from 5 a day to 35 a day...i heard a rumour that absa bank is set to repo 7000 houses this month...here i thought i got my house at a bargain is gona be the going rate for properties shortly...with you being able to buy a house which was valued at 1 million you will get on auction for around R700 000...i should have waited another couple of months.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Come now. We can't let a bump or two on a flamingo's leg stop us.

It was like watching Dictator Bob junior.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    It looks like much of the world has got tired of Thabo Mbeki's "quiet diplomacy."
    A call by eight of the world's most powerful leaders to send a United Nations envoy to Zimbabwe and to press for new sanctions against Robert Mugabe's regime is a stinging humiliation for long-time mediator Thabo Mbeki and his policy of quiet diplomacy, analysts said on Wednesday.

The South African president, who was at the Group of Eight (G8) summit in Japan, has long argued he is best placed to broker a settlement between Zimbabwe's governing party and opposition and that sanctions would only worsen the situation.

But while world leaders have previously been willing to leave the hot potato of Zimbabwe in his lap, observers said Tuesday's statement by the G8 shows they have run of patience with the South African leader's softly-softly approach.

"It is extremely humiliating," said Hussein Solomon, director of the Pretoria-based Centre for International Policy studies.

Solomon said that Mbeki's refusal to criticise Mugabe had not only been discredited in the eyes of the West but was regarded with increasing scepticism closer to home.

"Various African countries, Kenya, Botswana, Zambia, have all been critical of Mr Mugabe, and for some reason Mr Mbeki refuses to budge. This is partly his personality -- he would have to accept his failure."
    full story from M&G here

Thanks
    Didn't some of the anti-apartheid activists hide in Zimbabwe years ago? Please correct me if I'm wrong. This might be a case of loyalty to an old friend?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kernel32 View Post
    This might be a case of loyalty to an old friend?
    Almost certainly. However, when that friend is pretty plainly off reservation, a good friend uses his/her influence to nudge them back to the light, or help them execute a quiet exit. Thabo has not managed to do that.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    ... Thabo has not managed to do that.
    Unfortunately Thabo has neglected quite a few of his duties. I wonder if Zuma will be any worse?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123