Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Workmans Compensation Earnings return form

Thanks
    There are two worksheets in the spreadsheet.
    hehe, sorry. I must practice what I preach. Read the screen!
    ~Expenses will eat you alive! - My first Boss~

Thanks
    She also says that the Excel form I made available to you all will not be accpeted, as all forms should have a bar code on...
    So then it is individualized. If it is individualized, I will never get one, as it seems I am lost in the sistem. Maybe I should register again?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IMHO View Post
    So then it is individualized. If it is individualized, I will never get one, as it seems I am lost in the sistem. Maybe I should register again?

Rather wait for them to "catch up" and then see if they can trace you... if not, by that time there might be a quicker way to register....

Thanks
    ChriselACS, that is what I have been doing, but it is getting ridiculous now and the inspectors bother me every now and again. I am running out of excuses...

Also, should there be a serious injury on duty, I am in deep doo doo?

Thanks
    IMHO... ok... I see, but I can tell you out of personal experience that it's no use in trying to register now... I've been waiting for registrations to come thru now since July 2011 and if you phone to see what the status is, you are being told that they can see the entity is loaded onto their systems, but with the new program they have adopted they only issue registration numbers when they raise the first assessment ... so, you are stuffed anyway. So, based on this I would recommend you wait till the confusion with the ROI are sorted (hopefully 17th April) and then try and register. You would need to scan & email / fax & post by registered mail your application form. Then at least you have a 1 - 10 posibility that they might receive your form.....

Thanks
    Hi

Just a reminder guys, if your business falls within the building and construction industry , you would need not have to be with the Compensation Fund, you would be able to transfer over to FEM.
    Exactly the same cost, just a way more efficient service (eg letters of good standing are valid for a year), contact me should you wish to enquire more (Ivan 0828266875).
    Easy way to immediately know if you do fall within that classification is simply checking your WCA registration no, and should the last four digits begin with 05, you may transfer over to FEM.eg (0123-869-0500)For those that requires their status checks give me a call , I will try and assist where possible

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliant View Post
    I also phoned and a black lady told me the same, when i asked about the deadline she said still the 31st, she added that it is our resposibility to listen to the news and the tv to hear what is happening, can you believe that ! this is a circus and we are all played like puppets.
    I have just spoken to Patricia at the Comp Fund call centre. She says that the forms will be sent out in April, and the deadline has been extended to end of May 2012.

8. Thank given for this post:

Dave A (27-Mar-12), Martinco (27-Mar-12)

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi there

I have just found this forum - its a great place! With regards to the workmens comp - do all companies need to register if they employ people ? or is there a threshold?

Thanks
    Last edited by Imp; 28-Mar-12 at 07:30 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Imp View Post
    Hi there

I have just found this forum - its a great place! With regards to the workmens comp - do all companies need to register if they employ people ? or is there a threshold?

Thanks
    As far as I know all companies need to register irrespective of how many people you employ.

Thanks
    In the electrical industry does one have to belong to any workmans compensation?

I tell you why when I first started I joined FEM( Federated employers mutual assurance co.).

Over the last 3 and a bit years business has become a hell of a lot tighter with work. I mean my turn over for 2011 was down 63% from what I did in 2008.

This workmans compensation is necessary but it costs an absolute fortune every year.

I have also found that at the end of the day there is no difference between this and a bank. They will pay for what you need but they will get the money back from you over the next couple of years.

I used them once in 2001. The total claim came to just over R 50 000.00 for one of my employes that did his knee in.

Over the next 4 years my rates that I paid in for each year were astronomical so they could get their R 50 000.00 back.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast