Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suing the media a lucrative side line for Jacob Zuma?

Email problem RKS Computer Solutions's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    It was currently pursuing a corruption case against African National Congress (ANC) president Jacob Zuma.
    Something tells me that 1 + 1 = 2, anyone care to offer a different opinion?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well (laughs) perhaps we need to look up the definition of 1...

Thanks
    ok

**THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL ONSLAUGHT AND IS MERELY MY OWN PERSONAL VIEWS. THEY MIGHT BE INCORRECT AND THUS I HEREBY ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY TOWARDS ANY CLAIM WHATSOEVER IN REGARDS TO THIS POST**

The Scorpions, the only effective corruption unit in SA, has been trying to get to JZ for a long time. The Scorpions don't play around with cases where they don't believe they have a decent case against a corporation and/or person.

JZ, becomes the president of the ANC, dropping law suites left and right because he now has the power to change things from goverment side, being the ANC head chief and all.

JZ also has been canvasing the courts to drag out his case with the Scorpions for as long as possible, maybe knowing that if he could get to where he wanted to be, that he could resolve it from the inside.

As soon as JZ becomes ANC president, word starts trickling down that the Scorpions needs to be disbanded and all authority taken away from them.

The Scorpions chief, in the heat of battle of the JZ case, get's arrested like the uber drug-lord that his oponents see him as, with 20 armed police officers in tow to make sure that his wife and kids don't kick the crap out of them.

Under heavy media scrutiny, the Scorpions chief is dragged to an unnamed location, charged with BS charges, and then let go, the courts deciding that they have p!ssed about long enough and can't keep him any longer.

O, and his powers to investigate anything pertaining to a certain JZ case is taken away, just in case he tries to do this country any good. Now that would be a shame.

I haven't counted, but would anyone care to count the number of days between JZ becoming ANC president and the Scorpions being dealt their final blow?

Although some parties have kicked up dust about the disbanding, the ruling party, of wich JZ is the president, couldn't give a crap about what their opponents say, because in order to keep certain information out of the media, one has to make some sacrifices.

That sacrifice just needs to be the only true Anti-Corruption unit of SA, but hey, we'll worry about crime and corruption later, someone just needs to keep their butts out of jail long enough to go run a country.

So, do we now have an understanding of the math? Let's break it down.

Scorpions case agains JZ + JZ becoming head of ruling party = Taking the sting out of the scorpions.

**THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL ONSLAUGHT AND IS MERELY MY OWN PERSONAL VIEWS. THEY MIGHT BE INCORRECT AND THUS I HEREBY ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY TOWARDS ANY CLAIM WHATSOEVER IN REGARDS TO THIS POST**

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RKS Computer Solutions View Post
    ok

You afraid he might take you to court as well?

Seriously, this morning it came to light that he handed in a sworn affidavit that Thabo and team has a politcal onslaught against him and that is probably what the rest of his ANC supporters believe.

I agree with you Riaan. If you look at his actions throughout the time since the corruption charges first came to light AND the fact that Shabir Shaik was found guilty, he is in mind acting like a guilty criminal. Everything he does is exactly how a criminal would behave... make me think of thee mob movies...

I have no disclaimer and fortunately the forum has its own, I will wait for justice to take its course though, he will not be able to stop it from taking place imo, even if he disbands the scorpions, this will not go away.
    Roelof Vermeulen (Entrepreneurship in large organizations)
    Roelof Vermeulen| Rock flaps south africa

Thanks
    I agree, it won't go away, but the timing of things hampered the ivestigation and the implications of the disbandenment of the Scorpions means a delay in justice.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatmaster View Post
    Seriously, this morning it came to light that he handed in a sworn affidavit that Thabo and team has a politcal onslaught against him
    Depending on when he made that affadavit, he might be right.

The whole Polokwane affair was more than enough evidence that Thabo did not want JZ to be State President - and that has quite likely been true for a little while now. However, I'd guess that only became a conscious decision quite some time after the worms started crawling out of the can. After all, Thabo has also been noted for his stubborn loyalty in the face of some pretty damning evidence too.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Here we go again!
    African National Congress (ANC) president Jacob Zuma is suing Jonathan Shapiro, the Sunday Times and its holding company for R7-million over a controversial cartoon published earlier this year, the Times reported on Thursday.

In the cartoon, Shapiro, who uses the pen name Zapiro, portrayed Zuma unbuckling his belt as he prepares to rape the figurative Lady Justice.

She is held down by Zuma allies Julius Malema, Gwede Mantashe, Blade Nzimande and Zwelinzima Vavi.

Mantashe eggs Zuma on: "Go for it, boss!"

While Zuma's allies claimed the cartoon was intended to project the ANC president as a rapist -- even though Zuma was acquitted of rape in 2006 -- Shapiro said the central meaning of the cartoon was "incredibly clear".

"It showed Jacob Zuma, with the help of his political allies, threatening and intimidating the judiciary to try to manipulate the courts for him to be exonerated and escape going on trial [for corruption], thus paving the way for Zuma to become president," said Shapiro.

He said he used Lady Justice to represent the South African judicial system, adding that the figure is recognised as a symbol of justice the world over.

In the letter of demand served on Shapiro, Zuma threatens to take the award-winning cartoonist to court if he does not pay him R7-million within 14 days.

"The publication of the aforesaid cartoon has injured our client in his dignity and reputation and as a result thereof he has suffered damages in the amount of R7-million," reads the letter.

It was served on Shapiro on Wednesday, but is dated September 15, a week after the cartoon appeared.

The R7-million claim consists of R5-million for alleged damage to Zuma's reputation and R2-million for alleged damage to his dignity
    full story from M&G here

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    And again...
    African National Congress (ANC) leader Jacob Zuma is suing the Guardian for defamation over an article published last month that described his leadership style as "morally contaminated".

He is demanding an apology and damages from the respected British daily, his legal representatives in London, Schillings Laywers, said in a statement on Monday.

It did not specify the sum Zuma is seeking over the article by Simon Jenkins, which ran under the headline "Get used to a corrupt and chaotic South Africa. But don't write it off."

Shillings Lawyers said the article has been removed from the Guardian's website.

It had warned that those "dealing with South Africa must probably get used to Zuma's style of government -- morally contaminated, administratively chaotic and corrupt", and quoted an unnamed friend of the author describing Zuma as "a criminal and a rapist".
    full story from M&G here

Thanks
    he has learnt something new, and is doing it over and over again. as luck has it, it seems at least a few people are fighting back and saying they won't go quietly.

Suspended
    Thanks
    RKS Computer Solutions > First of shame one you! Everyone knows that 1+1=3 see the math is; 1 is less then 2 Thus 1.4 is still 1... now you have 1.4 + 1.4 = 2.8 rounded of 2.8 is 3 how cool is that!

Anyway JZ is out on a witch-hunt and is getting paid for it. I find his actions might even cripple our media system and one cannot help but wonder if that is not the intention? Now I fear that we might be seeing government controlled media soon. Zimbabwe style control even. Let us not forget that JZ himself said couple of things that can be considered distasteful in the public’s eye. Perhaps his speeches must be re printed by the Media to refresh the country’s memory???

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast