Ok so we have seen google destroy the way in which links work , no doubt they are still the no1 ranking factor today , though their much has changed the relevence of links , the linking neighborhood , the number of domains linking in vs number of links .... and of course the still debated no follow link. Lets forget all that for a second though.

i have seen content take a strong second place in the way search engines rank today.

User interaction itself also has become a ranking factor.

We all know social media also has its share in ranking factors ,( and that social media is also great for traffic purposes , rankings put aside) but with Facebook now admitting to giving some kind of ranking authority to user profiles is this a precursor to a greater more accurate reflection of social media usage and in turn will this allow google to give it a better share of the ranking factors for websites?

Also this will allow google to give more power to testimonials.

if this is the case will it be something that stands or holds like a trend , where a surge or influx in social media signals will cause a temporary increase in rankings.

Since we are all so hell bent on trends i think this isnt such a ridiculous theory after all. There are why not give a user what is trending ? With so manynew websites coming in each day i think the day of a few established websites at the to are coming to an end.

What do you guys think?