Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Be honest about SA

Thanks
    Shit, I was thinking baked beans man. I am too stupid to really know bitcoin. I do know its dropping like sinker of late... but perhaps that's when you buy. I don't know.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    The only reason I don't buy bitcoin is that I don't quite understand it. I prefer solids.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Silver Member PlatinumWealth.co.za's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post
    Shit, I was thinking baked beans man. I am too stupid to really know bitcoin. I do know its dropping like sinker of late... but perhaps that's when you buy. I don't know.
    There's a fork coming in November so it's anticipated (just technical jargon for they are doing some upgrades).

Here's a thread explaining a little bit about what bitcoin is https://platinumwealth.co.za/forum/T...Bitcoin-thread it's a lengthy read, but I think it's worth it especially given South Africa's current state of affairs and the JSE not really being the pinnacle of trust lately.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    The JSE Investment and Finance Forum - PlatinumWealth.co.za
    JSE Investing Chat Group
    Unlock US Netflix

Thanks
    Thanks, I do know what it is theoretically. I just cant get myself to hold 0 and 1's. instead of gold

Thanks
    I am not sophisticated enough for bitcoin. If I do not understand the fundamentals there is no way.

Thanks
    If China is kicking it especially

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    One of the big problems in this country is ignorance and misconceptions. It all boils down to lack of education; We do not understand each other's cultures, we do not know our own history. The history now taught at school is total propaganda and does not teach about the Indian indentured workers who came here to work in the cane fields. They pulled themselves up from their boot strings and today they are leaders in every community. As far as I know, there are no Indians cutting cane in South Africa today.

How much do we know and understand of the Khoisan who were chased from their land and ended up in the Kalahari and in Namibia? How much do we know about the Matebele (Northern Ndebele) who were pursued by the Zulus and ended up in Matabeleland (Zimbabwe)? How much do we know about the tribal wars which formed different indigenous groups?

Afrikaners were never colonisers. They actually fought the British Empire against the annexation of their Republics, which were recognised until gold was discovered there. Farms were burnt in the British scorched earth policy and thousands of women and children died in the concentration camps. After the Boer war many had to go work in the mines as there were no farms to return to. Some joined the Communist party and their uprising against poor working conditions and low pay has led to the 1922 miner's revolt. The "poor white" (armblanke) problem has led to much hardship, but it was these very people that gave impetus to Iscor, Sasol and Phelindaba. All this was achieved through education and hard work.

South Africans are innovators and world leaders in many fields. The names of Elon Musk, Mark Shuttleworth, Chris Barnard and Mandela are well known. South Africans did not only perform the first heart transplant, but also the first penis transplant. In addition there was Pratley putty, Kreepy Krauly, dolosse, CAT scan, Q20, prepaid phones, Speedgun, flightscope and many others, too numerous to mention.

There is much to be concerned about in South Africa. people break the law because they know that the chances are slim of being caught. You can possibly "buy" your docket and make it disappear. However, there are many more positives that we can concentrate on. Stop getting emotional about politicians and their parties. They are all crooked in some way. Let us as the People stand together, treat each other with respect, fight corruption and vote against any politician that comes to power. Never vote them into power. Vote them out of power!
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Hi there Blue. Long time. I agree with your sentiment good Sir.

However, I am compelled to correct the record, if I may

The "Boer Communists", this rare gem, very rare, was born from the Cape. These were gentrified families who may have spoken Dutch but they were not Afrikaners and Certainly not Boers.

The Khoisan did not exist. The was the Koi and there was the San.

Anyway, Blue. I wish I was as diplomatic as you.

Thanks
    Possibly the most successful race in SA must be Indians, Blue. Hardworking, and each kid has to have a degree. From slaves to masters of industry.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post
    I must say I thought HR or Adrian would tell me to stop complaining. Where are you buggers? Hell I am not sure how I would respond since I am technically complaining.

Lol ..... don't be like that. The thing is you get some people that complain all the time (we won't mention names). They are so miserable and continuously complain and bring every one around them down. I personally stay far away from them. But everyone has a right to complain now and again and you have always been a very positive person, as we all try to be, so I think you are entitled to have a rough patch and vent your feelings. Its a lot different to someone bitching and moaning about basically everything and the worst is they don't do anything about it. The continue to wallow in their own misery instead of getting out there and making a difference in their own life and surrounding circumstances, be it only a slight bit.

It is becoming increasingly difficult to stay positive all the time with the kak that is going on in this country, but I am now over 50 and it is not that easy to leave, plus my kids are here and that means everything to me. I can't even move to CT permanently because my wife wants to be near the family, so that is really what we have got and SA is still a beautiful country with friends and braai time on the weekends

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.