Thread: Pastel not emailing statements

Email problem
    Thanks

Pastel not emailing statements

Hi there

At the last company I worked at, I used to View-Customers-Monthly Periodic-Statements and email as per customer file and it would work perfectly (even asking first if was safe in outlook to send the email). I'm now helping out at another company and trying to do the same, however when I ask it to do same, it just closes back to the Navigator and no email sitting in the outbox in Outlook (doesn't even ask if it's safe to send the email). Any ideas how I could fix the problem? I have checked and there is an email address in the customer email address block.

Thanks
    Did you have a look at the setup if everything is setup correctly?

3. Thanks given for this post:

NVRensburg (10-Aug-17)

Email problem
    Thanks
    Yes I did, it all seems to be setup correctly

Thanks
    Pastel email Invoice or Statement Setup

by Grant Day | Jul 22, 2016 | pastel accounting, pastel troubleshooting, software, technology | 8 comments

Please note the following conditions must be met:

For Windows XP, the facility will only work with Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express
    For Windows Vista and Windows 7, you must be running Pastel 2009 Build 10.2.4 or later
    For Windows 7 you can use Windows Live Mail (replaced Outlook Express) or Microsoft Outlook.
    For Windows 8, 8.1, 10 you can use Windows Live Mail (replaced Outlook Express) or Microsoft Outlook.

From Pastel Xpress or Partner, it is possible to email invoices or statements to customers directly, either in PDF format [default] or HTML.

To do this, first make sure to capture each customer’s email address into Pastel.
    Go to Edit>Customers>Accounts and then insert the email address in the appropriate field under the General tab and save.
    For Invoices

Go to View>Customers>Print Document>Tax Invoice. Then change Print to, select “Email” and continue as usual, your software may ask if you want to continue to give access, click Yes
    For Statements

Go to the Processing tab for each customer and, at the bottom right-hand corner, where it says “Statements” and then “Printing”, select the option “Print and Email Statement” or “Email Statement”.
    Finally, to actually email the Statements, go to View>Customers>Monthly/Periodic>Statements. Then change Output Option to “Email as per Customer File” and click on OK. On the next screen, ensure that “Email Settings” is activated and then select either HTML or PDF. Then click on OK, and your emails will be placed into the Outbox of your mail client.

Pastel complies with SARS regulations regarding electronic documents. PDF invoices are encrypted with 128-bit technology and have the words “Computer Generated Document” printed on the invoices.
    How do I disable the Outlook warning message when emailing out of Pastel?

It is possible to do this by disabling some security features but you are possibly opening yourself up to greater malware risk. Rather try the other solutions first rather than changing the Outlook Security Settings
    For Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003

Download Express ClickYes from here – it will run in the background and auto-clicks the “click yes” routine in a flash!

Once you have installed ClickYes, you will see it in your system tray. Right-click on the icon and make sure that only the “Start on Logon” option is ticked.
    For Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016
    Express ClickYes won’t work but if you don’t mind paying download ClickYes Pro 2010 from here, it has a 30 trial period, costs $20 for personal & $40 for commercial use.
    You can download vbMapi here, free for personal use, I’m not sure how to set this up.
    To get Outlook working on 64bit Windows

If you are using a 64-bit version of Windows, this is the solution.

Either browse your Pastel CD/DVD x:\Util\Outlook 64-bit\ copy NewMail.dll paste it into c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Softline Pastel\ You’ll be asked if you want to replace the existing file, select yes.

Or download the files from here, this is from my Dropbox account. Close the pop-up asking you to register with the X in the top right corner.

Now you need to register the DLL file by clicking on Start then Run, and typing

regsvr32 “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Softline Pastel\NewMail.dll”

If this fails, please ensure that you are logged in as a Windows administrator or alternatively enter the command from the Command Prompt.

Source: http://handshake.co.za/2016/pastel-e...atement-setup/

Thanks
    Q: (Perhaps this should be taken up with Pastel directly?)

"If you are using a 64-bit version of Windows, this is the solution.

Either browse your Pastel CD/DVD x:\Util\Outlook 64-bit\ "

My understanding of the above is that "Outlook 64-bit" is for 64bit Office installation, NOT 64bit Windows installations? 64bit Windows has a 32bit subsystem, & The default install off a Office DVD is 32bit.(You will know as on a 64bit Windows installation, Office *should* by default want to install to "C:\Program Files (x86)" , if on a 64bit Windows install it is wanting to install to "C:\Program Files" , then its installing to the 64bit path for Program Files. On a Windows 32bit installation, you will only have 1x Program Files folder (C:\Program Files\).

(If I recall correctly most apps are still 32bit at their base). Most vendors (Pastel ; QuickBooks ; TeamViewer ; AntiVirus companies etc) Iv encounted recommend running Office 32bit on 64bit Windows.