Thread: advice or suggestions needed in regards divorce settlement

Thanks

Angry advice or suggestions needed in regards divorce settlement

Morning all,
    I got divorced over 2 years ago and the settlement was that she would retain the house and all contents except for my personal stuff and a few odds and sods,
    she was to pay me out two fairly large amounts, the first one being immediatly on divorce and the second one year later.whereupon the property could be transferred into her name.
    the property is a middle class home with two income producing flats which more than covers the bond.
    Problem is , I have yet to recieve one cent, she just refuses to pay, saying she doesnt qualify for a bond, and also refuses to sell the house.
    i have been to a lawyer and have renegotiated a second time frame, again nothing gets paid, went to lawyer again and renegotiated , this time with her lawyer present and they asked for a further 8 months extension, told them this needs some thought and after a week i phoned my lawyer and offered 3 months.
    my lawyer sent her and her lawyer a instruction to draw up an agreement to be sighned , this was 6 weeks agoand still nothing happens.
    So now WHAT TO DO,
    One of the flats is vacant at the moment , can I get a tenant to occupy the flat and get rent from it, seeing as the house is still 50 % mine.?
    Can I move into the flat myself and make an utter nuicance of myself. and just in general make it difficult for her , NOT sure what my present partner would say about that, but thats something I will deal with.
    ANY ADVICE OR SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED

Thanks
    Are you still a joint owner or did the transfer into her name go ahead? I'm not able to give you legal advice but I like the idea of moving into the flat to motivate.

Thanks
    yes the property is still 50% mine and we still have a joint bond

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Move into the flat immediately and start hammering nails into the walls at weird hours.

Do you have small dogs? If so bring them with you and talk loudly to them in high pitched voice and don't reprimand them when they bark.

Get your present partner to cook food for you with lots of garlic to stink the place out.

Play loud music and turn that bass up.

Open and close doors with reckless abandon.

Is there a pool nearby? If so park off there like a hobo and enjoy the decline.

Thanks
    Hey Laurick I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that you really need some sort of professional advice. It will be better for you if you visit the best law firm in Cape Town and discus in details about your problem.