Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Off to the Kgalagadi!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neville Bailey View Post
    Thank you for your kind words, but I think there are far more accomplished wildlife photographers out there who would crack the nod long before me!
    Neville, please never under estimate your talent .
    The pictures you have presented are in my opinion of a high quality, and there is no reason why you could not compile a calendar as a start. Get a feel of the public, and progress from there.
    I believe there is a future in your hobby.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I see that you went in your Hyundai IX35. I have a limited edition automatic petrol 2010 model. Did do some limited 4x4 with it but never put it to any real test yet.
    How did it perform there?
    I see that man power was required to get it through some soft sand. Did the 4 wheel lock not make this task easier?
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    I see that you went in your Hyundai IX35. I have a limited edition automatic petrol 2010 model. Did do some limited 4x4 with it but never put it to any real test yet.
    How did it perform there?
    I see that man power was required to get it through some soft sand. Did the 4 wheel lock not make this task easier?
    I have the regular petrol model, so no 4x4 capabilities at all!

I was warned about the sections of soft sand and corrugated roads in the park, and I was planning to drop my tyre pressure to the recommended 1.6 bar before we entered the park, but I was not prepared for thick sand when we arrived at our campsite after a 14 hour drive, before we even entered the park (the campsite is 5km outside the park), so I was caught in an embarrassing situation!

However, once I had reduced my tyre pressure, we had no problems driving around the park. I avoided the Botswana sections, which is true 4x4 country.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.