Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: emp501 recon 201608

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

emp501 recon 201608

And yet another Easyfile update... and so many changes!! Let's hope it goes smoothly this time around... I've already had a hick-up with the ETI's... waiting for a resolution on that one.

How's everyone else going with the recons?
    always fear when Christel is near....

Thanks
    First problem was trying to get it to accept the Pastel Payroll export. After emailing Pastel they told me that I cannot do it with version 2c (which was the latest at that stage) and I had to wait a couple of days for them to put out an update.

Once the file was successfully imported, I was thrown a bit by the "new" format, but soon realised that it was basically the same.

I quite like the option of downloading what SARS already have on their system. It saves entering all the figures again. I was surprised that it didn't download my August PAYE submission even though I paid it before the end of August ... but maybe that only reflects after the 7th.

Don't have ETI to worry about so that's not an issue for me.

Anyway - entered the August figures and the rest of the submission went off smoothly.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

3. Thanks given for this post:

Christel (07-Sep-16)

Thanks
    Thanks for the info Mike! I did not even think to query Pastel Payroll re the issue with the ETI csv not importing correctly.... I had the same issues during the last recon period and they could not help then. I have now updated my payroll and it worked perfectly, except for the ETI fields on the recon, I think I'll wait till after the 7th and try to refresh and see if it pulls the data from E-filing.
    Pity SARS did not update Easyfile earlier so that I could test it. They only released the update on the 1st September. We have our own Excel based recon template that creates a csv file, just like a payroll program would.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My attempt to update E@syfile yesterday got hung up on the backup step. The backup seems to complete because the file is created and seems to be complete, but the script doesn't move on to the update step.
    Tried twice. Failed twice. So I've uninstalled E@syfile.

I had intended to do a new install today, but perhaps I should wait for tomorrow reading the bit about the new payment data import feature

Thanks
    My attempt to update E@syfile yesterday got hung up on the backup step
    When I updated E@syfile it also appeared to hang up. No movement along the "downloading bar" ... but I saw that my harddrive was working and that the light on my router was flashing madly so I just let it be. After a while the "downloading bar" just disappeared, E@syfile closed, and it installed as per normal.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Looks like the problem I had was because E@syfile requires an out-of-date Java script version (Java 7 update 67). I'd installed the latest version and in using the version checking tool, had deleted all previous versions because Java reckons leaving old versions installed is a security risk.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Does anyone know if SARS is getting serious when you're missing a few income tax numbers nowadays. I've had a few employees on very short term contracts which turned out to be already registered for income tax.

They indicated first time employement at the time, but when I try to register them now it turns out they're already registered.
    And they're proving hard to track down to get the info now

Thanks
    SARS has said for a long time now that "someday" you will have to have all the income tax numbers on the recon before you can submit.... It looks like we are not far from that stage... BUT then SARS must make the numbers available to us... like the VAT verification service where you can search for a VAT Number.... At present they refuse to give IT numbers to third parties... 95% of my clients are farmers and many of the farm workers are illiterate / or they cannot take a day off to go to SARS, or the farm is not near a SARS branch... so basically we cannot get numbers at all...

Suspended
    Thanks
    Is this emp501 recon really necessary to do at this time of the year ? I spoke to SARS a while ago and they said not really - it was just to make sure you were doing things right for the "real" one at the end of Feb ? Are there penalties for not doing it now ?

Thanks
    Hi there, Yes, you must do it. if you don't and you need a TCC, it will kick it out because of this recon being outstanding. If you want to de-register and this recon is outstanding, then you have to submit it first... Better safe than sorry ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast