Thread: Business owner/manager: What training does employees need?

Thanks

Business owner/manager: What training does employees need?

As a business owner or a senior person or manager with in a business or organisation:

What type of skill set do your employees lack the most?

What type of training would you suggest employees would benefit from?

Suspended
    Thanks
    Are you looking for advice ?

Thanks
    I am looking for some advice/opinions.

Suspended
    Thanks
    You seem to be doing a lot of different unrelated things in your company ....... from your other posts. Therefore to a person who also does some of the things you do and outsources some of the other I am hesitant to use someone like u because you also obviously farm the work out, therefore your pricing will not be competitive.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    You seem to be doing a lot of different unrelated things in your company ....... from your other posts. Therefore to a person who also does some of the things you do and outsources some of the other I am hesitant to use someone like u because you also obviously farm the work out, therefore your pricing will not be competitive.
    As I stated in my introduction, I work for three different companies, yes they are unrelated companies, very different industries, I help out with certain aspects within each of these companies. Each of them have their own staff and run fully on their own.

Concerning your hesitancy, I might have confused you a little because I mentioned the three companies, but Trace Tech obtains their information themselves and if you are hesitant, there is no commitment, you can try them out first with a couple of requests to see whether they are competitive with the current company that you use.

And regarding the pricing, I will get back to you on that on your other post.

Thanks
    The question above, I asked because I want to do some research on the subject. A lot of companies struggle with internal communication and some employees start with no education or even when finishing university, still need to learn certain skills before they can fully co-operate with in a business. What I want to know is what type education do you think people need when it comes to a working environment? What skills do staff lack in general when working in a team?

It's really just a question that I want an opinion on or any suggestions from experience.

Suspended
    Thanks
    What I want to know is what type education do you think people need when it comes to a working environment? What skills do staff lack in general when working in a team?
    This is a very broad question e.g. if you are working in a sales environment you definitely need selling skills ad people skills.

I can recommend Brian Jude - he has quite a number of different half day courses which we use for our staff, from management skills to sales skills to ...... the list goes on. His prices are reasonable and his courses are beneficial. Whenever we send a lady on one of his courses she comes back and we have a half hour session with the rest of the staff and she shares her newly gained knowledge.

8. Thank given for this post:

Dave A (28-Jun-16), MandiB (28-Jun-16)