Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Water Solution available

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    Reminds me of this project done by an Italian designer Arturo Vittori called WarkaWater Tower

The village people are taught how to build this unit.

There are a lot of skeptics out there who do not believe this can work.
    Any one who has lived in a rural area with corrugated iron roofs will attest to the amount of water collected on the roof before dawn every morning. A couple of litres at least.
    I would like to construct one myself. It looks simple enough and actually will look good in the garden. here is more information.

Warka WaterTowers Design

Included is a list of materials used.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M1.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	6123
    It looks easy enough to build, but I wonder if a smaller version will work?
    DISCLAIMER - The above does not constitute to legal advice or formal advice in any manner or form

2. Thanks given for this post:

bones (08-Jan-16)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Electrode View Post
    I would like to construct one myself. It looks simple enough and actually will look good in the garden. here is more information.

It looks easy enough to build, but I wonder if a smaller version will work?
    It will definitely work, the amount of daily water yield may be little. Surface area of the mesh and cooling stage are directly proportional to the amount of precipitated water collected.

It will be a good experiment for you to actually experience the daily yield of water collected across the seasons. From the data collected, it can be deduced if the project will work under large scale construction.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

4. Thanks given for this post:

bones (08-Jan-16)

Thanks

on this news clip they said
    something like 25 gallons =
    94.64 liters of water that is
    not bad at all

Thanks
    South Africa: Drought leads to failed crops, water shortages

The main street of this dusty South African town is lined with empty buckets, marking each residents' place in line as they wait for their daily water ration to be brought in by unreliable trucks.

Keeping watch over her buckets, Pulaleng Chakela sleeps in a wheelbarrow on the side of the road to save her spot in the line. The 30-year-old wraps herself in a little blanket as temperatures drop overnight, and asks a male friend to sit nearby for safety.

"If I don't wait here all night, the water will be finished," she said.

January 10, 2016 By Lynsey Chutel
    Perhaps an active environmental study needs to be done. I am not sure if South Africa will fully recover from this drought as our weather patterns may be permanently altered. I don't know if we have the time to dally?
    DISCLAIMER - The above does not constitute to legal advice or formal advice in any manner or form

Thanks
    http://www.islandsky.com/index.php?o...d=115&Itemid=3

Skywater’s Emergency Service Unit (ESU-20) is a crisis ready, emergency water generator that can deliver up to 900 gallons of pure drinking water daily. Skywater® ESU-20 co

ntains 3 Skywater® 300 atmospheric water generators, a 1275 gallon water storage tank equipped with advanced secondary water filtration, and a 30kw electric diesel generator housed within a customized Featherlite® 20’ft mobile container.

The Skywater® ESU-20 uses Island Sky’s patented air to water technology to produce fresh drinking water from water vapor in the air. Skywater’s adiabatic distillation process is unmatched in water vapor harvesting, converting available atmospheric humidity in the air into water.

In an average range of temperatures and humidity levels, the Skywater® ESU-20 will produce anywhere from 450 to over 900 gallons of water per day.
    lookslike there is more then
    1 company that is doing this
    it is totally messed up that
    our animals had to die while
    this stuff was around

sucks

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    A 30Kwatt generator consumes approximately 11 litres of fuel per hour, at R12.5 equates to R138 per hour in fuel cost, never mind the maintenance cost that must be taken into consideration.

They reckon 900gallons or 3,400 litres per day, but they do not state the humidity and at what temperature and the amount of energy to get those numbers.

If we have an area of 3cubic meters at 22Degrees and 100% humidity, it will yield 2 litres of water per day.
    Lets take a semi arid region, which may contain say 30% humidity, that will yield just over 0.5L of water per day.

So working on their numbers I would hazard a guess of approximately 1000 litres of water per day, and costing approximately R23.80 a litre of water, if not taking the cost of investment of the asset into consideration.

At the end of the day there must be some realistic figures to value the quality of the water producing system.
    If one uses salt water and a RO process, it will probably cost R2 or R3 a litre, and the asset cost would be a fraction of the cost.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    A 30Kwatt generator consumes approximately 11 litres of fuel per hour, at R12.5 equates to R138 per hour in fuel cost, never mind the maintenance cost that must be taken into consideration.

They reckon 900gallons or 3,400 litres per day, but they do not state the humidity and at what temperature and the amount of energy to get those numbers.

If we have an area of 3cubic meters at 22Degrees and 100% humidity, it will yield 2 litres of water per day.
    Lets take a semi arid region, which may contain say 30% humidity, that will yield just over 0.5L of water per day.

So working on their numbers I would hazard a guess of approximately 1000 litres of water per day, and costing approximately R23.80 a litre of water, if not taking the cost of investment of the asset into consideration.

At the end of the day there must be some realistic figures to value the quality of the water producing system.
    If one uses salt water and a RO process, it will probably cost R2 or R3 a litre, and the asset cost would be a fraction of the cost.
    I think cost will go down as the systems become more common and progress is made to allow them to run cheaper. Initial cost will always be high.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    When it comes to the Highveld, what we really need is someone to figure out how to turn that rising acid water in the old mines into potable water that could be used for drinking and agriculture.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The solution to clearing the mine acid water has been solved a good number of years back. The political will to implement is the delay.
    Here is one company with a solution VEOLIA
    There are a number of other companies

Thanks
    i dont see why megafarmers
    cant implement some of the
    tech we see here

in the end they can benefit
    from it or learn from it and
    adapt it to work better

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast