I am starting this thread to show people that we as private individuals do not have to get heart failure if we receive a summons.
My case is against an attorney that advised us during an issue we had (still having) with SARS. I wont go into any detail but the long and the short of it is that he is suing me for fees in addition to what we have already paid. I am of the opinion that he is not entitled to the extra fees.
So what has happened so far:
1. I received a summons for the outstanding amount.
2. I filed a Notice of intention to defend.
3. I then received a notice i.t.o. rule 23 (15) to submit the documents that I intend to use in my defense.
4. I filed my plea.
5. I ignored the Notice in point 3 above as pleadings have not closed.
6. I received a notice that the matter in point 3 is set down for a hearing on 4 December 2015.
As this case progresses I will post updates.
Any advise/comments/questions are welcome.