Well, I don't know if I am in the right forum (as I believe this should go to Politics).
I however came here to understand how educated South African youths feel about the current wave of attacks on other African immigrants in your townships and cities. People are currently dying for just being foreigners in SA...not for entering SA illegally (which would have been the work of the police)!
I know this is a business/networking forum as I found the below in your about page:
These attacks are hurting:The Forum SA is primarily a South African business discussion forum and networking website, with a touch of politics and life.
1. Business: People's livelihood are being destroyed. SA will thus be viewed as a wrong biz destination by speculators
2. National/International Politics: Opposition elements will surely make Prez Zuma's life miserable while this lasts. The International community may one day ask serious questions of the SA govt. Retaliation is also a possibility.
3. Life: Many African brothers and sisters are dying everyday...lives are being lost and we need to talk about it.
I have folks in SA and I am worried about their wellbeing. So I have been thinking about:
1. the causes of these attacks?
2. what could be done to stop the current one?
3. how do we put an end to these kinds of attacks in the future?
4. what steps do the people see the SA govt taking in all these?
Please my new friends, what's your take on this cankerworm that's trying to destroy our unity as a people.