Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Degree.. Is unemployed...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vieome View Post
    I am thinking that perhaps Random Hero has been trying to make this point.

Coca-Cola Example
    Sales - The people who sell coca-cola to shops, bars, clubs, etc.

Marketing- The person who decides that they can increase sales by putting peoples names on the product.
    Hi Vieome,

I am actually looking at sales positions. not having much success but atleast I have been invited to some interviews. I went to SABMILLER today for a sales rep position. its actually atrainee position so very low and the pay will not be as well as my previous job. but I am willing to bite the bullet for the experience from a company like SAB. plus I love and believe in their products so it would be easy for me to sell them :P At my previous job I got 5-figures a month I am willing to earn half of that if it meant job security. and I know I will not let starting at the bottom get me down. I have a strong back and will work hard.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Hero View Post
    So who is throwing their toys out the cot now?

Look Kevin I grow weiry with you patronizing insults and child like behaviour. Other users might not see it but you are the one who has been giving me attitude from the get go. you are an extremely condecending person and seem to give constructive advice but at the same time jab a dagger in my ribs. So PLEASE stop your nonsense. I do not have time for you.

And do not theaten me with some database where you plan to give me a "bad review". It is actually absolutely pathetic and rediculous that you would take time out of your day to make someone that you have not met's live hard.

Jys staan my nie aan nie boet.

Do not threaten me with these petty 6 year old rants. rather give constructive posts or leave this thread. I am done playing games pal.

Edit: I have never been late for an interview in my life. I am always on time and make sure I arive 15min prior to any ingagement.

Good for you - it was just advice. So then that won't be a problem then. Wonder what the problem is then ?

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Hey HR.....damn dude, you're far to old and experienced to know anything about how tough it is to be a youngster today. I mean really, how can you expect a young person to take advice from you if you don't walk around in a hipster suit, drive a Mini and walk like a slag ...or is it swag...I can't remember.

Faaak, I've worked in many different industries and the only way to get anywhere is to climb in and get your hands dirty. I now have my own business and you know what, I still sweep the floor, take out the rubbish and sell my services to every man and his dog. If this guy thinks that he is going to do marketing without being able to deal with a customer face to face or for that matter not have to sell shit products to total strangers then he has a sh1tload to learn. 90% of products are sh1t and every single marketer knows it. If you have to believe in the product you sell then you ain't going to sell nothing. The company that hires you couldn't care less what you think of the product, you are paid to market the product so that the product makes a lot of money for the shareholders of the business. If a company hires you and tells you to market a product and you whine because you "don't believe in the product" you will be out on your ass in an instant.

A degree might give you a special insight into a very narrow field but unfortunately you need street smarts to get anywhere in life. The only way to become street smart is to get down and wheel and deal with the rats and the mice. How the f*ck are you going to create a marketing campaign to sell Black Label to mine workers if you are too scared to go out there and deal with them. How will you sell nappies to mothers if you've never tried to sell one to her one on one. How could you even begin to try to understand what goes on in the mind of the man in the street if you are too scared to deal with him on a one to one basis.

Ag nee ou broer, gaan werk in a bottel stoor vir n paar jaar voordat jy probeer om bier te bemark....

Suspended
    Thanks
    Lol @ Adrian �� ..........silly me

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    Hey HR.....damn dude, you're far to old and experienced to know anything about how tough it is to be a youngster today. I mean really, how can you expect a young person to take advice from you if you don't walk around in a hipster suit, drive a Mini and walk like a slag ...or is it swag...I can't remember.

Faaak, I've worked in many different industries and the only way to get anywhere is to climb in and get your hands dirty. I now have my own business and you know what, I still sweep the floor, take out the rubbish and sell my services to every man and his dog. If this guy thinks that he is going to do marketing without being able to deal with a customer face to face or for that matter not have to sell shit products to total strangers then he has a sh1tload to learn. 90% of products are sh1t and every single marketer knows it. If you have to believe in the product you sell then you ain't going to sell nothing. The company that hires you couldn't care less what you think of the product, you are paid to market the product so that the product makes a lot of money for the shareholders of the business. If a company hires you and tells you to market a product and you whine because you "don't believe in the product" you will be out on your ass in an instant.

A degree might give you a special insight into a very narrow field but unfortunately you need street smarts to get anywhere in life. The only way to become street smart is to get down and wheel and deal with the rats and the mice. How the f*ck are you going to create a marketing campaign to sell Black Label to mine workers if you are too scared to go out there and deal with them. How will you sell nappies to mothers if you've never tried to sell one to her one on one. How could you even begin to try to understand what goes on in the mind of the man in the street if you are too scared to deal with him on a one to one basis.

Ag nee ou broer, gaan werk in a bottel stoor vir n paar jaar voordat jy probeer om bier te bemark....
    So wie de fok se eks bang ou bees? Ja as ek net n GELEENTHEID kan kry en ONDERVINDING kan op bou sal ek dit doen... Dink jy enige knaap stap uit die universiteit en kan op sy eie n maatskappy dryf? dink weer.

En die kak van hipster swag en daai stront kan jy maar druk. My ouers doen wat hulle kan vir my en ek kan jou waarborg dt ek nie gemaklik lewe en ouers het wat duisende rande in stoot vir my. Dis eintlik vernederend dat ek nog hulp van my ouers moet kry. Ek is bereid om onder te begin en hard te werk so gaan swag maar erens anders ou bal.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Nee wat ou boetie, smaak my jou ma het jou nie maniere geleer nie. Jy sien, jou k@k houding is presies hoekom ons liewers swart Zimbabweans huur en weg bly van jong wit mense wat alles weet....

Suspended
    Thanks
    Lol ...... and then he doesn't understand "ou bees" why he can't find a job or why recruitment agencies are not helping him ......

Bwawawawawa ....

Thanks
    Thank you to everyone that has controbuted positively to this thread.

As for the snide comments from the trolls, i do not undersand how wasting your time being negative make you feel better.

Cheers.

Suspended
    Thanks

As for the snide comments from the trolls, i do not undersand how wasting your time being negative make you feel better.

Cheers.
    Absolute pleasure - hope you use the advise constructively

Diamond Member
    Thanks

Cheers.
    You are welcome to come work for me...ha ha ha...noooo, only kidding!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast