Thread: ETI - February bfwd greyed out

Gold Member
    Thanks

ETI - February bfwd greyed out

The February EMP201 has the ETI brought forward amount as nil and is greyed out.

Has anybody found it different?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It is indeed stuffed, sir.

If you click on the Y tick box for the declaration ETI question, you can actually get a number into the b/f field. But it immediately returns to zero the moment you go anywhere else on the form.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    It is supposed to be nil in March and September. Somebody has jumped the gun.

Clearly the stomachs are empty, eyes are big and needs are huge.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    This is SARS' story (seems they make up rules as they go along)

The closing balance for January, as well as the closing balance for February, will be refunded on submission and finalization of the EMP501. That effectively means they have just scored cash flow all the way to the end of May at least.

I am willing to bet they will find some itty bitty obscure return or something to hinder that refund.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CLIVE-TRIANGLE View Post
    I am willing to bet they will find some itty bitty obscure return or something to hinder that refund.
    Sounds like I'm not the only one that feels SARS is scrambling really hard to repudiate or delay any credits and refunds due at the moment.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Believe it or not, but one of my clients have received the abovementioned refund.. Saw it with my own eyes. Could not believe it!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CLIVE-TRIANGLE View Post
    This is SARS' story (seems they make up rules as they go along)

The closing balance for January, as well as the closing balance for February, will be refunded on submission and finalization of the EMP501. That effectively means they have just scored cash flow all the way to the end of May at least.
    Well that certainly didn't happen for me. I still haven't been paid out...

Went to SARS Umhlanga about it and have been told it now requires a written request before they'll process a refund.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    A current thread on delays in getting refunds from SARS reminded me that I should do some sort of update on this thread.

I report that I did eventually manage to realise the ETI refund due from January 2015 - in January 2017!

The number of calls and visits that had to be made to get it done was beyond ridiculous. Here are a couple of the high lowlights:

When following up in March 2016 as to why I had not had a response to my Case submission in January 2016, I was told that SARS had only just created an appropriate Case Type for ETI refunds. Apparently all previous efforts had been assigned to a general Case Type which was essentially why they were never responded to - as they were incorrectly allocated and no-one knew what to do with them.

When SARS seemed to have finally run out of excuses to throw hurdles in the way, in December 2016 they came up with this one -

Dear Sir / Madam

RE : ETI REFUND - (no. removed)

I refer to your request for an ETI refund.

You have 2 options for this refund to be processed.
    1. A cheque will be issued for the amount of R2000.00
    2. The funds can be transferred to your company tax or VAT account, provided there are no outstanding matters on these taxes.

SARS would like to decrease the risk of cheques being posted and intercepted by 3rd parties, therefore the ideal option will be to transfer to VAT or company tax.

Kindly advise on option you have chosen.

Thanks

I elected that they allocate it against the company's VAT account, was advised it had been transferred, and paid the December 2016 VAT 201 return less the R2000.00 credit...
    ...only to discover I couldn't assign the credit (which was plainly there in the Statement of Account) to the December 2016 VAT return.

Then the lady from refunds couldn't allocate the credit because there was a short-paid VAT return (you guessed it - December 2016!!!)
    On 8th February 2017 they finally got it right.