Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The truth about South Africa

Thanks

The truth about South Africa

I have this idea to start a web site telling the truth about SA.

I am so fedup about with the land issue.
    The reality is that many moons ago there were no black people in the largest area of South Africa, only Khoi.
    So blacks did as little own land in South Africa as white people did.
    They accuse whites of stealing the land from the blacks, but that was only after the blacks stole it from the khoi.

I also read in one of the comments on one of the newspaper web sites once that before we became a British colony it was against the law in the Cape to discriminate against other races.
    I do not have that much knowledge about our history, but if that is true it means that this whole hardship and crap the anc cries about is a lot of bull because then the discrimination and crap were only for about 50 years, not 300 years as they would like people to believe.

Another thing that bothers me is the whole school and education issue. According to them the cruel appartheid government denied blacks education.
    As child I did not know much about appartheid because my parents taught us to treat everybody with respect, even the black people.
    When I started to realise there is problems in SA I think I was about St8 or so. But then I could not understand what the education issue was. In the townships I saw schools the government built for them, in some towns the schools in the townships seemed to be newer and bigger than in town itself. What I did see was that the black people had some problem with the schools and they boycot the schools, stoned the schools and even set it alight.

So it was provided for but they decided not to grab the opportunity. I know there was a problem with farm schools, they were few and far between and farm workers could not send their children to boarding school both for financial reasons and because appartheid would not allow them in a boarding school or white school.

When I studied at the Technicon of Pretoria from 1990 to 1994 there were black people with us. That was in the appartheid era. So if they denied them education, how in the first place did they get matric so they could be allowed in Technikon? When I was first year there was a third year black student as well which means if he passed all his years he must have started studying at the technicon at about 1988, matriculated in 1987 thus started school in 1975, how did he manage to do it but millions of others were "denied" an education?

Also there are so many qualified black engineers and doctor aged between 40 and 50, if they were denied an education, where did they come from?

Who denied them an education, really the government of the time? Or was it their political leaders who decided they must boycot the schools, thus the anc denied black South Africans an education, not the government.

I am too "young" to have experienced what the true appartheid was like. I totally condemn the whole appartheid era and think it was absolutely cruel do treat fellow human beings like that.
    But it also cheezes me off very much that mostly Afrikaners are accused of appartheid and that while appartheid laws were introduced by the British government in the late fifties and the afrikaners inherited it after SA became a republic in 1961. Nobody ever say anything that appartheid was design and implemented by the British Kingdom and now we have to bear the punishment. The biggest mistake the appartheid government made was to not scrap the British appartheid laws, but to keep it and expand it.

But is it only me or is there more people who think that a web site stating well studied history material by knowledgeable people will help to put everything in perspective.

I also find that most young black and coloured people (out of comments by them on newspaper web sites) do not know our country's true history. They know only the selective history they were brain washed with after the anc came into rule. The selective history our children were taught is part of the problem that keeps the pain and hatred alive. When my children were at school my blood boiled each time I read their history books.
    Only Dead Fish go with the Flow
    http://www.4x4direct.co.za/

2. Thank given for this post:

BernieDew (20-May-15), Brett Nortje (21-Feb-15), Butch Hannan (06-May-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The first challenge is getting the truth properly assembled in the first place, I guess. For example:
    Quote Originally Posted by pietpetoors View Post
    Nobody ever say anything that appartheid was design and implemented by the British Kingdom and now we have to bear the punishment.
    There might be a good reason for that
    Fair chance it indicates a little more critical research might be required.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    History is written by the victor therefore your version of history will be thought of as fiction.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Wow, even the black people hey?

As child I did not know much about appartheid because my parents taught us to treat everybody with respect, even the black people
    Sometimes I am just amazed at white guys in SA - do you not listen to to what you say and write?

On your topic, although I agree to a point - the ANC would have us believe there was absolutely no chance a black guy could get anywhere in the old SA. You might want to add the biggest hospital in the southern hemisphere, homelands and FNB stadium as other "heinous" crimes the old Nats inflicted on the indigenous folk.

But a few photographs of "no blacks" on benches, beaches, dompas, townships, forced removals ect ect will undo all that in seconds. So, IMO, you right - some facts are being conveniently swept under the carpet - but if I was black, I certainly would not think that it would make too much of a difference to being treat like a third class citizen for decades.

Thanks
    Funny thing is forced removals are still happening today. Luckily now it is not racism anymore, no it is just plain unfair or something.
    Only Dead Fish go with the Flow
    http://www.4x4direct.co.za/

Thanks
    http://www.thesouthafrican.com/this-...the-xenophobicI believe that our country is a land of perceptions. It is perceived in many different ways by many different people. Each believes that his perception is the correct one. Nobody is going to admit that he is wrong.
    I am so tired of apologising for my white skin for the many perceived wrongs committed by me. The cancer we have at the top of the tree needs to be cured. Our president needs to say he is sorry for stealing so much money to build Nkandla. He in all probability has a perception that apartheid made him do it!!!

Have a look at the Nandos Advert which was banned at some stage.

Thanks
    What I find interesting and is never touched upon is that Jan Van Riebeeck landed in the cape nearly 75 years before there was a 'Zulu' nation, before that there were just a whole lot of groups of bickering Nguni tribes who had probably not been in the area for more than a century or two.

see Wikipedia. Zulu and JVR
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

9. Thanks given for this post:

BernieDew (20-May-15)

Thanks
    What is not taught in schools is that there were two migrations of black people southwards. One evidently started from the Chad region and the other one from, I think, the Rift Valley area. The original people of this part of the world were the Khoi and San and if anyone has a claim to this land it is these people. Someone needs to get it through to Zuma and his cronies that his ancestors were migrants from elsewhere.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The past is the past. What must happen now is the UN must be given cause for investigation and auditing. Causes can range on laws, crime and corruption. Once a body is appointed to investigate can the facts be presented as they are today not as there where a billion years ago.

Once the investigation process is completed and determent who is accountable for what and what the actions must be taken. Responsibility will then rest on the UN and there decisions.

The reality is Africa is needed to produce food, maintain infrastructure to contribute to world sustainability. In truth there is more then enough but right now it is not accessible.

ALL political parties has a responsibility towards the people to ask for and contribute to the UN and keep them up to date on new laws, changes of laws and removal of laws. They have the responsibility to report and question public statements. They have a responsibility to supply proof to aid in the quest for true transparency.

my question is why is it not happening?
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Because South Africa is an insignificant wart at the tip of Africa.

I like to refer to our butt end of the eart as ZAzoo

13. Thanks given for this post:

wynn (11-May-15)

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast