Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stopping drunken driving.

Thanks

Stopping drunken driving.

These holidays have seen a lot of accidents and stuff from drunken driving and the obvious solution is to stop people driving while drunk. i hear it is a new thing for black people because they have a certain 'rhyme' for it.

So, if we want to stop people driving while drunk, we need to stop people drinking or driving, of course. if we were to take keys in while the person is drinking by the bar, then they bar person will be responsible for this. that will stop a lot of accidents i hope.

As for parties, we need to make liquor stores responsible for the booze they sell, like arresting a drug dealer when they sell drugs and people die. this way, there will be no more liquor sales, and instead they will be sent to the bars!
    !! Going to my destruction !!

Thanks
    A breathalizer machine which the driver has to blow into every few minutes and which cannot be bypassed, which if it detects an alchohol reading over the prescribed maximum will switch the engine off, to be installed in all new cars and by anybody ever caught over the limit before.
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    In this day and age I wonder which kills more people, drunken drivers or people who text and use cellphones while driving?

I dont care if someone drives drunk a 12 pm at night the drunken drivers can kill each other, i am at home sleeping, however when i get up a t 4.30 am to go cycling, fishing or whatever early in the morning and i stop at the service station to full up and i watch people stumbling into the vehicles to drive home that is when it concerns me. I have never been pulled over or see road blocks at this hour.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I am amazed that everybody focuses on the symptom but not the real problem. Aren't people supposed to be responsible.. it's sad that we need to put safeguards in place to protect us from ourselves. Yes I also drive too fast and sometimes drink to much....it seems that the human animal is simply not capable of being responsible at al times!

Suspended
    Thanks
    As for parties, we need to make liquor stores responsible for the booze they sell
    Another dumb statement ! Exactly how would this be done ?

1. Limit the alcohol sold to one person ? - Then they would just buy less more often or go to another bottle store.
    2. Limit the age ? - It is limited - it is not only the underage that has drinking problems

Im running out of ideas how to get bottle stores responsible ? Am I missing something ?

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    ...well of course nobody ever buys alcohol during the day at the bottle store and then drink it at night...I mean hell, those beers that we drink at my buddies house on a Sunday afternoon magically appears out of thin air!

7. Thanks given for this post:

Brett Nortje (13-Jan-15)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    Another dumb statement ! Exactly how would this be done ?

1. Limit the alcohol sold to one person ? - Then they would just buy less more often or go to another bottle store.
    2. Limit the age ? - It is limited - it is not only the underage that has drinking problems

Im running out of ideas how to get bottle stores responsible ? Am I missing something ?
    Well, they could stop liquor sales from bottle stores. this will force people to go to bars to hand in their keys before they are cleared as responsible to drive. as the bottle stores, thy cold sell exclusively to the bars - this would be like having a chaperone for your kid on a bicycle. do you let them drive all over the show, or do you let the drive with a bar keep watching over them?

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Nortje View Post
    Well, they could stop liquor sales from bottle stores. this will force people to go to bars to hand in their keys before they are cleared as responsible to drive. as the bottle stores, thy cold sell exclusively to the bars - this would be like having a chaperone for your kid on a bicycle. do you let them drive all over the show, or do you let the drive with a bar keep watching over them?

Serious ?

Thanks
    Looks like this belongs in the joke section as well as other posts....
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    Serious ?
    If drunken driving is seriously a problem, and we are serious about stopping it, yes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast