Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Understanding particles in physics.

Suspended
    Thanks
    No

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Clearly this dude doesn't understand the difference between a blog and a forum.

Hey Brett,

..a forum is a place where people converse with one another.
    ..a personal blog is a place where you are free to publish whatever crap needs to flow from your mind whether people are interested or not.

You should start a personal blog!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    Clearly this dude doesn't understand the difference between a blog and a forum.

Hey Brett,

..a forum is a place where people converse with one another.
    ..a personal blog is a place where you are free to publish whatever crap needs to flow from your mind whether people are interested or not.

You should start a personal blog!
    I would rather keep it here so tat good minds can react to it, and me to them.
    !! Going to my destruction !!

Suspended
    Thanks
    NO one with a good mind pretends to be anything when they copy paste from Wikipedia or any othe site for that matter. Ppl with good minds can think and have knowledge themselves via proper education ! They don't copy other people's knowledge .... Or lack of knowledge !!!!

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Nortje View Post
    Okay, well, that was a bad example, but the 'solutions' are good, yes?
    I think that you should go tell those stupid scientists off who waste all their time at the Cern Hadron Collider. I mean hell, they should just get you to translate Wikipedia for them!

Thanks

Quarks.

In particle physics, the quark model is a classification scheme for hadrons in terms of their valence quarks—the quarks and antiquarks which give rise to the quantum numbers of the hadrons. The quark model underlies "flavor SU(3)", or the Eightfold Way, the successful classification scheme organizing the large number of lighter hadrons that were being discovered starting in the 1950s and continuing through the 1960s. It received experimental verification beginning in the late 1960s and is a valid effective classification of them to date. The quark model was independently proposed by physicists Murray Gell-Mann,[1] and George Zweig[2][3] (also see [4]) in 1964. Today, the model has essentially been absorbed as a component of the established quantum field theory of strong and electroweak particle interactions, dubbed the Standard Model.
    Okay, as I am sure you all know, quarks are very small. they are in the same size category as electrons, photons and neutrinos and so forth. these little things have a negative charge, so, will affect the other things around them by sucking them in or together, sort of like 'electron bonding.' they are usually found in "strange stars" and will not really travel as they are too busy sucking, yes? this means they just float along with the nucleus and tag along, sucking stuff in as they go.

[Honestly the only reason i am writing about this s to maximize my chances of flying or making other things fly.]

These are not strong interactions, because they have a 'negative third charge.' if you look to the positively charged quarks, then you will find polarizing energy. but, let's take a look at some of this funny stuff;

Quote Originally Posted by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strangeness
    In particle physics, strangeness ("S") is a property of particles, expressed as a quantum number, for describing decay of particles in strong and electromagnetic reactions, which occur in a short period of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_charge
    An object is negatively charged if it has an excess of electrons, and is otherwise positively charged or uncharged.
    So, quarks either suck or decay. all the energy comes from the protons, then, yes?

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    The sewer runneth over!

8. Thanks given for this post:

Brett Nortje (18-Jan-15)

Suspended
    Thanks
    Do you think it makes you look clever when you copy and paste from Wikepedia ?

Thanks

Electricity.

To sum it up, physics is about the physical universe that is very small. it is smaller than chemistry, and, is essential to engineers and other people that use technical things, as it helps find way to alter the building blocks of the world. physics has gluons that hold chemicals together, so it is essential for chemistry too. these do not mean you need to understand how they work to do these things, only a basic understanding of how machines work is required, as, only if you are trying to redefine the way things work will you need to understand these building blocks of 'life.'

If you were to have electricity, for example, you need to observe that the electrons - hence the word electricity - are negatively charged - they destroy things, or are destroyed. this 'power' will charge the appliance, like a fridge, and then get 'earthed.' before it is earthed, it will interfere with the way things work inside the fridge, and, will activate it's opposite, which it is attracted to, being excited as a fire is. then, it will stimulate the 'metal bits' as they conduct the path of the electrons, and, will see them 'ignite.' when you ignite a match, it burns the wood, but, these appliances are not made out of wood, although they will melt eventually.

So, it starts at a power plant, where some power is made out of electromagnetism, where they use opposing forces, much like fusion power, to send electrons through the 'wires.' then it gets to your home. the opposing forces are made out of heat, and the heat is like a fire, and i pointed out that electricity travels and resembles like a fire. the fire is where the current is, and this fire comes to heat your geyser, as a basic example.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm starting to think the copy and paste strategy was better

12. Thanks given for this post:

adrianh (29-Jan-15)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast