Thread: Another "HEADS UP" to all

Thanks

Another "HEADS UP" to all

It is not just SA Homeloans which uses plumbers to do the electrical connections on geysers.

OUTSURANCE are also using plumbers to do the electrics.

Pieter Rademeyer Plumbing have sent an electrician out to rectify it, but it is still not correct, maybe 3rd time lucky.

Thanks
    Ha ha, i make money out of those. plumbers or handyman replace an element and just switch on. No water in the cylinder yet and the element burns out. Thats when i make my move after i am called. At the same time, i can get some extra business, but reconnecting the cylinder properly with cable and glands, too much exposed wiring there. The job is fairly easy and straight forward. If its a new HWC i fit the isolator for the HWC as well. So there are opportunities there after stupidity of the cheapskate insurers.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ELECT 1 View Post
    Ha ha, i make money out of those. plumbers or handyman replace an element and just switch on. No water in the cylinder yet and the element burns out. Thats when i make my move after i am called. At the same time, i can get some extra business, but reconnecting the cylinder properly with cable and glands, too much exposed wiring there. The job is fairly easy and straight forward. If its a new HWC i fit the isolator for the HWC as well. So there are opportunities there after stupidity of the cheapskate insurers.
    i dont know of any qualified plumber who would switch on an empty geyser
    actually, from all my experiences, even homeowners know that u will burn out the element & can also damage the geyser if u do that.
    A “conspiracy theory” no longer means an event explained by a conspiracy. Instead, it now means any explanation, or even a fact, that is out of step with the government’s explanation and that of its media pimps.

Thanks
    Yes, there is money to be made. I prefer though to try get as many people as possible informed that their insurers and plumbers could be putting them in harms way. The majority of homeowners do not know that the people they are paying every month to come to their aid when something goes wrong, are actually ensuring that they can not be held liable when the smelly stuff hits the fan. When the house burns down or someone gets electrocuted they will say the installation does not comply, therefor they are not liable. I could have put in an isolator, secured the bonding, connected an earth wire and put the joint into an enclosure, but now the homeowner knows that the insurer is not on her side, she knows that the plumbers have worked on her geyser twice and it is still not as per regulations. This incident has been posted on other sites besides this one. Outsurance and Rademeyers Plumbing have received bad publicity again. The homeowner is looking into other insurers now, she will be asking who is on their plumbing panel. All her friends will know about this incident. It may just save someone's home or life.