Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DSTV Cancelled

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    I feel I should point out that an NZB downloader to stream TV shows and movies is not a legal option.
    This is true, but please feel free to allow yourself to be legally screwed by fat corporations like Multichoice, it's all a matter of perspective.

I am merely pointing out alternatives, the legal choice is yours.

Thanks
    Lol, I'm not suggesting that geo crippling is anything more than a last ditch pathetic attempt by multi national corporations to prop up a highly lucrative business model that was already outdated more than two decades ago.

I'm not suggesting you should grab your ankles and just take the paultry, half-assed 'legal' offerings and extortionate pricing structure laying down.

I'm also not suggesting that the unstoppable epidemic of filesharing the entertainment industry loves to call 'piracy' isn't just them inevitably reaping what they have sewn by their own greed causing their unwillingness to adapt their business model to a world with internet access.

What I was doing with my last post was giving casual readers the tools to make an informed choice by informing anyone who may be lured into going the route being suggested that their actions would possibly lead to them breaking the law and having to face the consequences.

3. Thank given for this post:

BusFact (12-Dec-14), irneb (08-Jan-15)

Thanks
    get out of the legal BS and get yourself a dvd player or bluray player and get on with your life. No need to get supper stupid expensive internet because it is BS I had it mine was slow and useless so f_ck it. a speedy line cost you more then dstv and then all you get is legal crap upon legal crap upon BS.

i get my dvd and bluray from: http://www.loot.co.za/welcome or in shop.

dstv will make dead f_ck_ng sure they are the only legal provider of movies and downloads. So screw ISP providers screw bigbrother go with legal hardcopy and you get the extras so why the hell not.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    So screw ISP providers screw bigbrother go with legal hardcopy and you get the extras so why the hell not.
    This is exactly what we do. R400 to R700 buys you an entire series, which will keep you going for weeks. And as you say, you get the extras as well. And the best part, I can pause it to wee and pour another glass of wine

6. Thanks given for this post:

bones (07-Jul-15)

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KCS View Post
    This is exactly what we do. R400 to R700 buys you an entire series, which will keep you going for weeks. And as you say, you get the extras as well. And the best part, I can pause it to wee and pour another glass of wine

So you basically paying the same price as DSTV, but only getting one series ...... no news, no sport .... ? As much as I also feel dstv is a rip off - how is this better ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    So you basically paying the same price as DSTV, but only getting one series ...... no news, no sport .... ? As much as I also feel dstv is a rip off - how is this better ?
    To view the entire series on DSTV you would have to subscribe for a year or more. But for me the biggest advantage is that I can watch when it suites me, not when they schedule it. I have zero interest in sport, and get my news from the Net and radio.

I must add, if one could select the DSTV channels you want (make up your own package), and not be forced into their packages, I would probably subscribe.

Cheers

KC

Thanks
    I spend about R400 a month on DVDs some cost like R50 per DVD and sometimes you get 3 for a R100 deal on special. That said DSTV cost about R670+ and the shows are old. But what gets me is the adverts... now a DVD just works.

My internet cost me R600 a month and streaming was more like pissing in the wind! i dropped the DSTV dropped my internet and now have R1270 to spend on music series and movies every single month. and you get HD with it... Nah screw them all... DVDs are the way to go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12