Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Big mistake in signing contract - no way out

Thanks
    Have a friend walk into their con shop and ask for a deal like yours. Then s/he ask to look at the contract. Your friend grabs it and walks out and you have a generic contract to work with for starters. This is based on the assumption that all terms and conditions where not changed when you signed it.
    Or even ask the other suffering buddies you link up with what paperwork they might have.
    Maybe even look at class action.
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Thanks
    Looking at it from that perspective, it is correct. I am just not happy that what they sold him what is overkill for 2 people in the office. Maybe I have been fortunate but I have never had any dealings with providers trying to sell me what would clearly not be beneficial and cost a fortune. I am going to contact everyone else who have had deals that went sour with them and try and get it out there as another warning. Thanks for all the advise, and I will carry on trying to get my contract.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig Whitton View Post
    Thank you for weighing in, Anthony. Would you mind clarifying this bit?

My understanding is that the CPA's revenue threshold (when determining whether a juristic person is a consumer or not) won't apply here as far as cancellation of the contract is concerned. If OP is trading as a sole prop or partnership, then the business is a natural person - therefore the CPA applies regardless of turnover. If OP is trading as a CC or company, then the CPA doesn't apply regardless of turnover since Section 14 of the CPA (governing the cancellation of fixed term agreements) does not apply to juristic persons regardless of their turnover or asset value.
    Thanks, I have been looking into this and I am not covered by the CPA. I have a meeting with them tomorrow to discuss the fact the my Son will soon have his first financials and if the agreement of the Rental being taken over by him will be honoured. We both know we were incredibly stupid in our dealings with them. I have been going through all the serial numbers to compare prices with other makes and have found that the PABX system and the 2 handsets are older models. The serial number on the agreement is different and so is the model on the one installed. The model of the handset we have is different to the one on the agreement.
    The rental agreement has a resolution at the bottom, where it states - It is further resolved that ______________________, be and hereby authorised etc - my name was filled in afterwards by them as on the copy I eventually got from them it was not there. It was not for a signature, mine is all over the place.
    The help that I am looking for now is what can I find on the net to hopefully use this to cancel the contract not falling under the CPA. I keep looking but only CPA comes up.
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Amanda

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123