Thread: Pastel Forms Designer & Customer Invoices Import

Thanks

Pastel Forms Designer & Customer Invoices Import

Hi everybody,

I was hoping someone could help me with this problem I've been experiencing in Pastel Partner.

I have set up customer invoices using the Forms Designer, and some of the information that I would like to pull through would be Customer contact name, phone number, e-mail address, etc.

Now, when creating invoices individually via the Process>>Customers screen, all of the above-mentioned information pulls through correctly on the invoice, but if I import invoices using the Pastel Import function (.csv file), not everything pulls through and it is shown as blanks on the invoice/statement.

I use imports quite frequently, and don't want to revert back to capturing each invoice individually. Is there something that I'm missing on the import template perhaps?

Any assistance/guidance will be appreciated...

Thanks
    The data fields that are available on the Forms Designer are solely for the purposes of displaying documents in a customised way when printing or emailing them, and have no bearing on data contained in the exported/imported csv files.

The csv file data layout is rigid and none of the customisation, available in Forms Designer, can be applied to the cvs file.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Neville Bailey View Post
    The data fields that are available on the Forms Designer are solely for the purposes of displaying documents in a customised way when printing or emailing them, and have no bearing on data contained in the exported/imported csv files.

The csv file data layout is rigid and none of the customisation, available in Forms Designer, can be applied to the cvs file.
    Thank you for your response Neville. Based on your feedback I must admit I am even more confused regarding the possible reason(s) for my problem.

My problem lies with the printed invoice/statement, in that the customer data that should be shown when printing (which should remain the same) is shown differently between the two methods of creating an invoice. When importing an invoice, certain customer data doesn't show on the invoice when printing, but it does show if captured manually. Does that explanation make sense?

Thanks
    Maybe this will illustrate my problem a bit better.

On my forms designer, I have the following:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Test.jpg 
Views:	950 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	5086

So from that template, the customer name, telephone number and email address does not show on the invoice if it was created via import, but everything shows perfectly if it is created manually.

Thanks
    Hi Neville,

I have an even bigger problem. I have upgraded from V11 to V14 but my invoices are no longer picking the logo on workstations even after customising the invoice correctly and selecting the correct path for the picture. The server works fine. I was taught that Pastel will look for *.enz files in the company folder first first but this does not appear to be so. The customised file names are cinvcsh.enZ and cinvcpdfsh.enZ.

I have also copied the logo and these files to the workstation Pastel14 folder for good measure.

SOS

Advance thanks

Thanks
    On another note. I customised the POS slip and saved as cslipi.enz but it is not being picked up as well. Checked if there are any *.enz files in the company folder and found NONE. Whilst on the POS Slip - is there a way of customising the 'Details' section to show the Item code and Item description on different lines, i.e. one on top of the other as follows:

Carrots 500g R10.00 4 R40.00
    CAR005

Peaches 200g R7.00 3 R21.00
    PEA001

And so on...

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TauZee View Post
    On another note. I customised the POS slip and saved as cslipi.enz but it is not being picked up as well. Checked if there are any *.enz files in the company folder and found NONE. Whilst on the POS Slip - is there a way of customising the 'Details' section to show the Item code and Item description on different lines, i.e. one on top of the other as follows:

Carrots 500g R10.00 4 R40.00
    CAR005

Peaches 200g R7.00 3 R21.00
    PEA001

And so on...

Good day

I was just wondering if this has been resolved and if so, how?

I am having the same problem. We use several work stations for pastel and two of them do not generate the invoices with the logo intact.

I'm hoping to hear something soon!

Thanx