Hi all
I'm sure this is right but want confirmation. I have a generator with 4 pole automatic change over. There is an 80 amp 3 phase breaker coming from the generator (in the control panel) before it goes to the change over. I have come from the main switch in the DB (150 amp MCCB) through 100 amp 3 phase breaker (6kA), then to the generator in 35mm 4 core with 25mm CPC. to the change over. I added an E/L next to the 80 breaker in the generator control panel and N-E are linked before the change over (so the E/L operates). Also have the Earth spike coming from the earth point on the generator (2 x 1.5 meter rods end to end, so 3 meters into the ground).

I have a split neutral bar (as 2 circuits in db through Generator). Main incoming neutral goes to 1st neutral bar from there it goes to generator and is the neutral point for the 2 circuits which are not to be generator supplied. The second neutral is fed from the generator and feeds the bus bar to which all generator supplied items go back to.

Site guys doesn't like it? Haven't found out why yet but I can't see any thing wrong. Its as per the SANS book (diagrams on back page).

With the 4 pole change over there is no way 2 N-E links can be connected to board at one time and i have the split neutral bars.

Anything anyone can see wrong with that. I want to know if i have missed something before the meeting.