Feeling rather down this morning, just to outline my dilemma
1. At the beginning of the year I sold my digital printing side of the business. Our business was made up of Embroidery, Gifting, in house branding etc. As my hubby and I want to sell the business one day we asked our Son if he would like to buy out the digital side (Signage, Pad printing, sublimation) so when we sell I would not have to worry about the new owner keeping him employed.
2. We signed a contract to the effect that we would keep our 3 biggest customers and we would give him all their signage and he would invoice us. We were to keep, clothing, gifting and all branding that goes with that.
So far so good.
3. At long last at the beginning of the month we moved into great premises. He has one side and we have the other side, each with separate leases.
4. It was a verbal understanding that we were to do clothing, gifting and he to do all signage. So far whenever a customer visits or calls for quotes, if they are wanting signage, we refer them next door and vice versa if he gets a customer with a query on clothing and gifts.
5. He has now started to do clothing. An error on my side as one of our customers just had the heading printing in the mail and I automatically forwarded to him without reading it. It was for T-Shirts with a print.
He should have by rights let me know, but went ahead with it anyway. As we have only just bought our own screen printing equipment he outsourced.
6. Now the tension starts, I really do not want to lose my son over this. We are having a meeting tomorrow to try to resolve the situation.
7. For example, I do not do sublimation and my customer wants 400 buffs, so I duly forward to him and he will invoice them direct. As I do embroidery and supply the caps he sent a customer of his to me. This is how it should work.
8. He has employed a young lady that seems to be pushing him to cross the line all the time. There is a lot more to this, but just needed to vent to people who may understand.
Any advise will be great.