Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Standard bank still struggling with their internet banking?

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    My business bank manager indicated that standard bank has not lost one "big" corporate clients and for that reason they not be changing anything in the near future, if i am not happy I should move to FNB. They are experiencing some difficulty with internet banking but it is to improve your experience them, we should just patient.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Thanks

Thumbs down Moving Backwards should be Standards Motto

Phoned in again to Standard Bank 'help desk' this morning to find out more about my internet problems.

Turns out...it does not work properly with Firefox..Chrome is a maybe and IE works.
    Printing of payments still an issue.
    Transactions not happening ......well just do it again is the advise.
    Cannot see todays transaction on statement - so its pot luck there.

When I asked for some more info, I got the third degree with 'security questions' - The operator said...if you dont like it, tough we are not carrying on. Half an hour on the phone because of crap advise, attitude and poor technical skills.

Putting a new dress on an old doll does not make it a 'greater experience' as the marketing blurb goes.
    They have not done anything to the backend, changed the css ....and thats not been done well, not tested it properly and unleashed it on us.

Rubbish, unprofessional systems and service. Standard Bank should be ashamed of themselves........Haha....you think they actually cared?
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

Thanks

Thumbs down FNB

Tried moving to FNB last year.
    Was worse than Standard Bank.
    Service was poor, fees were higher. Took us 3 hours just to open the account.
    Stayed with them for about three months.
    Then had to admit defeat and retreated.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Have you tried using another computer?
    My wife uses both the personal and business banking, and uses FF and she has no problems in printing statements, making payments, etc.

It may be that you have an old version of Java or maybe something broken in windows which may be causing the hiccup.

With another supplier, I was using a broken URL, as I had saved it as a book mark, and would also partially work on some days. Once I used the updated URL all started working, so it may only be your PC causing your demise.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Thanks for the input.
    Answer is Yes, tried other machine, java etc all up to date, nothing broken.
    The browser problem admitted by their helpdesk. I must use IE only.
    Typing URL straight in and selecting internet banking on home page - in FF button does not even work.
    Been going in and out every day for the past...mmmm....long time......their new system, now we have problems and I must change...Hrumphhh

Thanks
    The new SB site is awful. One has to scroll all day long to get to places one had before on one page, maybe a little scroll, but that was it.

FNB is totally crap now. I cannot even set up a beneficiary and they do not know what the problem is. They also blackmail me with FICA crap after ignoring my responses. I am now so fedup that the CEO of FNB answered my email at 21h00, but I bet that only happened because I threatened to make it public which I will if they do not sort it by 10h00 tomorrow.

How are Nedbank and ABSA for business banking? I actually just need a account for my trust with few transactions, but I hate the thought pf having to start a new account with all the red tape just to find that they are same or worse.
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    @Houses4Rent
    I find your problem with FNB very strange. I can set up beneficiaries, and delete, in fact I can do anything I want with out any problems anytime. I get my pin number via SMS, and all set up in seconds.
    Pay efiling after my auditor sets it up, pay once off, pay my beneficiaries, send in mails to my bank manager, in fact anything that is allowed on the website.

I am using Windows 7 - 32 bit and FF Ver33.1
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Try set up multiple accounts with the same recipient but with different references and the fun starts. Not even FNB knows what the problem is, that is how strange it is.
    If I set them up I get all the way to FINISH and then they do not show anywhere at what I can see. FNB can apparently see them, but not me.

Besides I am a shit magnet when it comes to technical issues. I have issues nobody else has - at least that is what I keep hearing, but I do not believe it anyway. That is my no call center can ever help me.

I once had a American guy with 30 years IT experience on a retainer to maintain my PC. I warned him that I will give him unusual issues. He laughed it off and said he has seen them all. A short while later he commented to one of my issues that he did not see that one before....
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    In fact I do have, they need to bundle it all under one main user. Not sure what the term is called, but it can be done. In fact I have 5 different bank accounts from different company's, including my own personal account and credit card too.

You have to go into the branch and speak to a consultant, who then ties up all the accounts under one user profile. I have then created a user profile for my staff to be able to get a statement off only one of the accounts, and that is all they can do, they see nothing else. I have also set up another profile, which has limited amount of daily payment which I use as a daily use, and even use it when I am paying a supplier COD.

Thanks
    Strange - one man's meat is another man's poison....

I LOVE the new sytem. I find it easier, and very fast....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123