Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oscar Pistorius media circus joke of the century....

Diamond Member
    Thanks

Oscar Pistorius media circus joke of the century....

I've been listening to the circus off and on for a while. They have spent the past week discussing his sentence. They have talked about his sponsors, how much money he has lost, how much charity work he has done and even ....how much sex people have in prison with out wearing condoms.

...for f*ck sake....he shot a woman to death and needs to go to jail...end of frigging story.

This circus just proves once again that there is a power higher than the law....MONEY!

They suggest that he get house arrest and 18 hours a month of community service. Great, so what about Shrien Dewani.....stupid country!

Thanks
    Agreed, any idiot who empties his firearm through a closed bathroom door and kills his girlfriend deserves to serve at least 10 years hard time if not longer. I also can't believe there's actually a non-custodial sentance even on the table.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    The entire thing is totally bizarre. He is a arrogant gun-happy bipolar twat who flipped his lid....who should never have been allowed to have a gun (filled and chambered with dum dum's)

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Remember that the law has nothing to do with justice but more about what can be interpreted based on written law...he won't do a single day in jail and will get off with a fine.

Suspended
    Thanks
    As far as I am concerned he should go to jail for 15 years, end of story.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    The law is a load of arbitrarily applied horse sh1t.

Punishment should be swift and harsh. As far as I am concerned they should have had one day of deliberation and then he should have been put against a wall on Friday afternoon and shot in public. Then everybody would see that the punishment fits the crime and that society will not stand for it.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    The law is a load of arbitrarily applied horse sh1t.

Punishment should be swift and harsh. As far as I am concerned they should have had one day of deliberation and then he should have been put against a wall on Friday afternoon and shot in public. Then everybody would see that the punishment fits the crime and that society will not stand for it.
    Difficult to prove murder considering there were no witnesses, the only witness that could've cleared this up is dead. Needs to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. That's the law.

The courts are more concerned about imprisoning innocent people rather than locking away criminals, see the difference?

If you were accused of murder and were innocent, you would want the same protection from the same criminal justice system that you so harshly condemn.

Suspended
    Thanks
    I agree with you BD - he is not guilty of premeditated murder & murder, but he is guilty of culpable homicide and should be punished accordingly otherwise we can all pick up a gun and shoot someone 4 times and then have "house arrest" , watch DSTV all day, run a business from home etc, with a bit of community work chucked in to get out of the house now and again.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Someone might come into my house and I might kill that person, I want the same protection from the law that Oscar got.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Basment Dweller View Post
    Someone might come into my house and I might kill that person, I want the same protection from the law that Oscar got.
    Yep - Never mind the rule that you can only shoot if your life is in danger !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast