Hi

I've recently been doing contracting work for a factory, mostly upgrading and alterations to the electrical system of the factory, in order to meet with compliance for the COC's. While I'm busy doing that the customer requested from me to go and check a problem they're experiencing in their packaging area (which I was still yet to start fixing in the near future).

They've reported to me that when they use their single phase 220V vacuum sealing and normal sealing machines, that the power lights dim out on their machine, as soon as they start using the sealing elements. I took the machines to a different location, in the factory, and they work 100%.

I've started looking at the plug socket's and the DB itself for loose connections etc. And find nothing wrong, when doing standard voltage + resistance tests. I've also went and fetched anything that could use (eg a heat gun with different heat settings), started plugging it in a different socket outlets. The heat gun works fine under normal circumstances (as tested at the workshop). I plug it in and use the different heat settings. The first two only blows the fan, but you cant feel any heat coming out. The third and fourth settings plainly doesn't go on at all.

Ive plugged in my tester, and asked somebody just to operate the heat gun, I've found that the single phase live 220V to ground goes dead (0V) and the neutral to ground 220V. Switching off the heat gun shows again the normal readings live to neutral is 220V, live to ground 220V, and the neutral to ground (earth) 19V.

I got two questions, does the elevated neutral to earth voltage seem too high (I tested the upstream DB, found that the Neutral - Earth is 110mV)? And then did anybody experience this as yet?