Hi
I have registered as an individual for e-Filing in 2006. Last year I started my own professional service business last year as a sole proprietor, so the e-Filing obviously remained as that for an individual, me. I later decided to put in a bid to buy a going concern and for this I registered a PTY Ltd with CIPC with me as the only director and no employees other than myself at that stage. I phoned SARS to ask how to register the PTY Ltd for e-Filing and they said I must convert my personal/individual one into one for an organisation with me as an employee.

The bid for the going concern was not successful, so I cancelled all the company stuff with SARS, and made the PTY Ltd dormant with CIPC (as recommended by CIPC as I want to keep the Pty Ltd for future use). The problem is I cannot convert the e-filing back to an individual, even though I have successfully cancelled all the relevant sections ie EMP201's etc on e-Filing. I want to continue trading as a sole proprietor as it is more advantageous for me to do so at this stage (small turnover and start-up business).

Can someone help me to convert the e-Filing back to that for an individual?

Thanks
Mo