Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kitchen appliances - recommendations?

Thanks
    TPN has him on file as a foreigner? I doubt that.

Contact his employer (HR manager) to verify his employment and income. It hat after tax or before tax? He should make R78k after tax to male R28k affordable
    Anybody van make up payslips....
    What about his bank statements?
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Silver Member
    Thanks
    TPN has records because it appears he's been in SA for a while and rented from a local landlord. Payslip says his net pay is 5771.40 pounds (R102947.47) per month.

Haven't received any bank statements.

Googled his name, linkedin profile shows he's employed with this company and has over 500+ connections.

Payslip could be doctored but looks legit. Contacted HR resource at his company to verify that he works there and earns this money. Still waiting for reply.

Made email contact with his previous landlord who says he was an excellent tenant, paid on time a rental in the upper 20k's.

Thanks
    Sounds all good, but I would not place any tenant without bank statements. Big earners are often big spenders and he might be permanently in the red, have bounced DO's, returned payments etc. which you cans see on statements.
    Houses4Rent
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Silver Member
    Thanks
    sigh, with his salary, boy, 60% is good enough for me. & when the shit flies (politically) he's on the next plane home.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Basment Dweller View Post
    TPN has records because it appears he's been in SA for a while and rented from a local landlord. Payslip says his net pay is 5771.40 pounds (R102947.47) per month.

Haven't received any bank statements.

Googled his name, linkedin profile shows he's employed with this company and has over 500+ connections.

Payslip could be doctored but looks legit. Contacted HR resource at his company to verify that he works there and earns this money. Still waiting for reply.

Made email contact with his previous landlord who says he was an excellent tenant, paid on time a rental in the upper 20k's.

Sounds like a good option to me. There are many expats who rent properties whilst working for the companies in SA. The only other thing you could possibly do if you were really still concerned is to ask his employer to co-sign the lease. But, really, I think you are more than good to go. Happy shopping for appliances and well done on increasing the value of your property with that deal.

Thanks
    As I said it sounds good, but better safe than sorry. Why are you not looking at bank statements? If the applicant refuses them the alarm bells should go on.
    Remember the worse paying tenants are in the above R12000 rent category....

I also find it odd that this applicant offered so much more rent. That in combination with the missing bank statements would make me nervous.

I doubt an employer would even remotely consider to co-sign to be honest. Even if they do good luck with trying to hold them to it being overseas.

And the fact that the tenant could be gone with the next plane is a risk not an advantage.

Anyway, let us know how it goes.
    Houses4Rent
    083-3115551

Silver Member
    Thanks
    New data point just in, HR confirms his employment and salary.

Actually what I should've done is insisted from the start that 3 month bank statements is part of the original application, the problem now is going back and asking for more info might wobble the deal a bit and create more hoop jumping.

Pesky letting agent wants to close deal asap to get comm and might move tenant to another unit in the complex.

Thanks
    Wait a second. There is a letting agent involved? Why did this letting agent not ask for 3m statements from the word go then? More alarm bells go on. I thought you are sourcing your own tenant.
    Houses4Rent
    083-3115551

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Nope letting agent sourced it, probably too lazy to ask and wants the shortest route to closing the deal therefore no 3 month statement. Given the tenants credentials and the positive reference of previous landlord I'm going with it, asking to cough up statements at this point might botch the deal.

Thanks
    Next time do it yourself or find yourself a decent agent and sign a mandate with same outlining exactly what you expect to get for the agreed commission. Let me guess, no written mandate was done here?
    Houses4Rent
    083-3115551

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast