Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Registering a small company with CIPC

Thanks
    If they do not comply with 3m statements there is no way I can approve them and they will not get the chance to live in that property. I do it for others and have to stick to the system. If I do it privately I could do it without the statements, but then I would not be able to do it with the rental guarantee. I burnt my fingers big time (before I started this agency) and will not risk it again.
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Looks like I responded in the wrong thread, but thanks for the response Houses4Rent you are very pragmatic with your tenant screening which is a lot more than what your average realtor does...I suppose if you're providing a rental guarantee you have to be strict, but I would imagine you also risk driving prospective tenants away from a good deal.

As a tenant myself I personally don't like to disclose 3 months of my bank statements to pesky real estate agent house wives after providing them with pay slips, employment and previous landlord references.

Thanks
    I have a question regarding the input of data on the CIPC site. I have been trying to change the reistered address of a CC, but I am not able to input the effective date. Is there some sort of technique to do this, or is there a simpler method to inform them of an address change?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dcs View Post
    I have a question regarding the input of data on the CIPC site. I have been trying to change the reistered address of a CC, but I am not able to input the effective date. Is there some sort of technique to do this, or is there a simpler method to inform them of an address change?

Any help greatly appreciated!
    I have also been having trouble with the online transacting website. I am trying to register a company and I get as far as entering the director details when it throws out an error message. I would also love to know if there is another way as I have been trying to register this company for a week now.

Many thanks

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacky View Post
    I have also been having trouble with the online transacting website. I am trying to register a company and I get as far as entering the director details when it throws out an error message. I would also love to know if there is another way as I have been trying to register this company for a week now.
    Many thanks
    Can I suggest using a shelf company seller. They already have the company set up with no trading history and just change director to you and the company is yours, you can always change and alter the company (moi,name etc) as you go along but if you don't have the knowledge of dealing with CIPC then it may be worth going this route. It's also useful if you need to move fast to complete a transaction like a property deal.

I brought this up earlier in this thread and was slated for using shelf company sellers but it's common practice and there are many reputable sellers out there.

BTW the CIPC process is have a serious backlog at the moment so plan ahead.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Actually that whole website is buggered. Again.

Meanwhile, that absolute and supreme idiot, Rob Davies, struts around like Mussolini; comically stupid.

You can register a company manually, but then you have to mail it snail-mail, and the hub concerned (Witspos) is forever on strike, so chances are it will get held up there. Even if it does not, they will say it did!

The only other alternative, if you don't have Docex, is to use the Docex facility of a friendly attorney.

Thanks
    If I remember correctly CPIC is one of the sites like SARS (also government) who works best on Explorer. If stuck, try another browser.
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Thanks
    I would recommend registering through a company like swiftreg. It costs a bit more but you they really simplify the process for you. You won't have to deal with CPIC at all. You can also email their support and ask as many questions as you like before you decide to get it registered.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Houses4Rent View Post
    If I remember correctly CPIC is one of the sites like SARS (also government) who works best on Explorer. If stuck, try another browser.
    Lol; IExplorer, Firefox, Chrome .... same result. I suppose Safari might work, but I doubt it, because it is a self inflicted DOS situation.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric76 View Post
    I would recommend registering through a company like swiftreg. It costs a bit more but you they really simplify the process for you. You won't have to deal with CPIC at all. You can also email their support and ask as many questions as you like before you decide to get it registered.
    I am in the same business as them, which is why I am steaming and know the crap with Witspos hub.

An alternative is to use the Pretoria branch of Shelf Company Warehouse, because they physically go to the campus and the MD Chris Gouws will go out of his way to assist.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast