Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: German Scientists Prove There is Life After Death

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Newretailer View Post
    As per your second post, it could just be that God really is an all-encompassing Love which created us with free will. It is after all humans that do dreadful things to each other and then we blame God. Maybe He is just waiting patiently for us to see the way we are using our free will, is not working. I suspect He may have a long wait
    Atheists appear to be obsessed with the eternal fire and damnation, maybe because they do not believe in God or any Superior Being. This is not how I experience God. My belief is that God is eternal love. Jesus did not strike his perpetrators and accusers with lightning and damnation, on the contrary, he asked for their forgiveness. If we make an effort to experience the love of God, we may just be able to understand where we fit in and be able to show love for our fellow man and the environment around us.

Being a Christian or a Muslim or a Jew does not guarantee eternal life. He said that there will be many false prophets and "Not everyone who calls out to me, 'Lord! Lord!' will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter". The will of the Father is that we should love Him and each other. You do not steal from someone that you love, do you? You also do not harm someone that you love in any way. A mother will say that she is not hungry, just to ensure that her children get enough to eat. A true friend will give his life to save a friend.

Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."
    We are so obsessed with rules and religious laws, but if we just loved each other, we are set free from the law as love harms no-one.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

2. Thank given for this post:

Newretailer (09-Sep-14), Petrichor (09-Sep-14)

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Blurock, I can find no argument against your philosophy on how to live life. Its admirable, and something I expect many if not most people try to strive for. Obviously some people strive better than others.

I don't necessarily agree on the source of your reasoning, or the theory behind it, but to me that now becomes pretty irrelevant. Your philosophy is not "in your face" or dictatorial and the end result is "good" (sorry, I'm sure there is a better word but I can't think of it now). I also agree with the morals you listed, but for different reasons.

Atheists appear to be obsessed with the eternal fire and damnation
    Well that's because its the driving force behind organised religions attempts to convert and increase it's following. Its the stick part of the carrot and stick analogy. The carrot is eternal love / peace and happiness. However, the carrot is very ineffective at convincing youngsters or even adults that they should behave and perform in a certain way throughout their lives.

Its what creates the resentment I think many atheists feel who have been brought up in religious communities. Nobody likes being threatened.

We are so obsessed with rules and religious laws
    Agree fully, but I think we've already done that in that other thread.

4. Thanks given for this post:

Blurock (10-Sep-14)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BusFact View Post

Well that's because its the driving force behind organised religions attempts to convert and increase it's following. Its the stick part of the carrot and stick analogy. The carrot is eternal love / peace and happiness. However, the carrot is very ineffective at convincing youngsters or even adults that they should behave and perform in a certain way throughout their lives.

Its what creates the resentment I think many atheists feel who have been brought up in religious communities. Nobody likes being threatened.
    My view is that is exactly where organised religion goes off the track. You can lead a horse to the water... Nothing that is forced is enduring. No-one can tell me who to vote for, how to live or what to believe in. We have to discover that for ourselves. That is why it is so difficult for us as sinners to set the right example.

I hope I am not sounding self righteous, but I was fortunate to have discovered the Truth in my teens. I still have many questions, but I have found most of the answers that I thought could never be answered.

Thanks
    Where, in the Bible to they talk about going to Hell?

As far as I know, it says you (a) have eternal life if you do good, or (b) die.

Can someone quote me where they talk of burning up in hell?

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Newretailer View Post
    You know, Adrian, if I see a thread that doesn't interest me, I just don't open it. Why not just stay out of a thread that you should have no interest in whatsoever? It sure looks like a God-obsession to me lol.

The arrogance with which you say "My views do not break anybody down." and then go ahead with a rant doing exactly that, just makes me wonder what the driving force is behind you and so many other atheists? Is it insecurity? Is it a deep fear that just maybe you are wrong and if you get enough people believing the way you do, the fear goes away? I really would like to understand this obsession some atheists have with belittling everyone else.

As far as claiming atheism is not a belief system, you are wrong. You BELIEF there is no God. You BELIEF there is no life after death. See? Belief system. I am starting to think atheism is the new sheep following the latest popular trend, because you all say the same things, just like sheep.

I truly do not care what you belief. Personally, I have deep pity for people who don't have a spiritual aspect to their life. They are missing out on a whole dimension of being human, but it is their right. For me, I don't belong to any church so all the rubbish spewed about churches doesn't hold true. I have had enough experiences to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am right in believing what I do.

I raised my children to think for themselves and my one son decided atheism is for him, which I respect. He also started doing what you guys are doing here and I quickly put a stop to that. You want respect, respect me. Just like that atheist friend of mine constantly telling me how other parents at her kid's school criticise what she beliefs. She says this whilst carrying on in exactly the same way you do

You guys are just not as amazingly superior as you would like to think. You don't know better than anyone else. As I said, you simply found something working for you, just like the rest of us. And I still feel pity for you.
    eish...suffice to say that I bite my tongue....

Thanks
    No idea Phil, I never read it.
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Cooper View Post
    Where, in the Bible to they talk about going to Hell?

As far as I know, it says you (a) have eternal life if you do good, or (b) die.

Can someone quote me where they talk of burning up in hell?
    http://www.biblestudytools.com/topic...-bible-verses/

Suspended
    Thanks
    Just a question, but why is it every time there is a religious discussion, then the "believers" of whatever, feel it necessary to ask/say that the atheists always belittle them and have a lot to say etc etc ?? That is exactly the problem with every single religious discussion there is ..... Just because you a believer says something, does not mean that an athiest cannot reply with some sort of comeback without then been told off that they are "belittling" other people with beliefs and views !! For every comment about something, there will always be a response of some sort from someone else and everyone has a right to their belief. I personally tend to believe similar views to Adrian and just because him and I may be quite active on the forum with these type of discussions does not mean that we are right or wrong and neither does it mean you are right or wrong ...... even though some people believe if they copy paste information from other sites ! I personally do not believe information gathered from the internet. The internet may be a useful tool for info, but is also a very big tool for propaganda etc etc or basically absolute crap.

11. Thank given for this post:

adrianh (30-Sep-14), wynn (01-Oct-14)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345