Hi everyone, hope all is well.

I need some advice on installing new electrical outlets in my home.

I recently bought a "new" house, an old Victorian style. It has wood floors, and each room has only one electrical outlet(plugs), thus I need to add more.

Now I have the following question for the guys who know more about house wiring regulations.

1) What is the minimum height the outlets can be from floor level?

2) Does the regulation allow electrical wires to be run behind/inside skirting (I don't think so but just making sure) ?

3) or Can I run the electrical cables underneath the wood floor, from one point to the next in some trunking (just not sure which type of trunking) , as having wooden floors, I am able crawl underneath the house.

4) or Can I use ready made electrical extension cord and run along the side of the skirting, and use the one side of the extension, to plug into an existing socket in the room, and then other side of the extension, I strip off the plug and then wire and connect into a new outlet that's mounted on the outside of the skirting. Would this be seen as an external extension and not an installation but still has earth leakage protection.

Thanks
Jules