Hi,

I have received the following wording in an employment contract and would like to know if this is legal and also what it means in simple terms:

I agree that unless specifically stated in writing and signed by both me and an authorized officer of the Company, subject to controlling law, any employment granted to me is at will and has commenced on <date>. In accepting employment by Company, I have not relied and will not rely on any statements or representations, whether oral or in writing, by any officers, employees or agents of Company concerning the duration or term of employment, grounds and procedures for discharge or termination of employment, or any other terms and conditions of employment except those specifically stated in writing and signed by both me and an authorized officer of Company. I further understand that the provisions of any employee handbooks, personnel manuals and any and all other written statements of or regarding personnel policies, practices or procedures that are or may be issued by Company or any official or department thereof from time to time do not and shall not constitute a contract of employment and create no vested rights; that any such provisions may be changed, revised, modified, suspended, cancelled, or eliminated by Company at any time without notice; and that they constitute guidelines only and may be disregarded either in individual or Company-wide situations when in the sole opinion and judgment of Company circumstances so require.

Thank you so kindly!

Mark