Thread: pastel importing

Thanks

Unhappy pastel importing

good day can someone help me to import receipts and payment into pastel cashbook.

Thanks
    If you're referring to importing from bank statements you can use Pastel's Bank Manager. It is a separate module that you have to purchase and the button appears on the right, at the bottom of the cash book screen. Click it, select the type of file you're importing e.g. Standard Bank CSV, allocate all transactions, indicate VAT if applicable and edit descriptions that you want to appear in the Pastel ledger. Use the Add Mapping button to setup standard descriptions for recurring transactions. Be sure to delete the latter part of the description appearing on the bank statement that contains date or time references. These will differ every month and Bank Manager won't give your set descriptions as it won't find that date and time on following bank statements. Click Save Changes and then Create Batches. Your bank should reconcile.

I then export my batches to the desktop. Open with Excel and edit the references so that my Pastel references in the cash book follow on the previous month's last reference. I also add some similar transactions together e.g. bank charges so that I only post 1 total to the ledger account. Save as CSV. In Pastel - cash book, click Batch, Import, select the CSV file from your desktop and click process. This is the same process to follow when exporting batches from one set of accounts and importing into another. Just note the contra account must be the cash book account you're importing into and all ledger accounts in the CSV file must be created in Pastel to be imported successfully.

By exporting a batch from Pastel, you can get the lay-out needed to successfully import from CSV. You can copy and paste the transaction data from another source into Excel and import that too as a batch.

3. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (10-Aug-14)

Thanks

Excel importing

Thank you so much, i captured my cashbook on excel i wanted to import to pastel cashbook, i was struggling with the layout

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Beancounter View Post
    If you're referring to importing from bank statements you can use Pastel's Bank Manager. It is a separate module that you have to purchase and the button appears on the right, at the bottom of the cash book screen. Click it, select the type of file you're importing e.g. Standard Bank CSV, allocate all transactions, indicate VAT if applicable and edit descriptions that you want to appear in the Pastel ledger. Use the Add Mapping button to setup standard descriptions for recurring transactions. Be sure to delete the latter part of the description appearing on the bank statement that contains date or time references. These will differ every month and Bank Manager won't give your set descriptions as it won't find that date and time on following bank statements. Click Save Changes and then Create Batches. Your bank should reconcile.

I then export my batches to the desktop. Open with Excel and edit the references so that my Pastel references in the cash book follow on the previous month's last reference. I also add some similar transactions together e.g. bank charges so that I only post 1 total to the ledger account. Save as CSV. In Pastel - cash book, click Batch, Import, select the CSV file from your desktop and click process. This is the same process to follow when exporting batches from one set of accounts and importing into another. Just note the contra account must be the cash book account you're importing into and all ledger accounts in the CSV file must be created in Pastel to be imported successfully.

By exporting a batch from Pastel, you can get the lay-out needed to successfully import from CSV. You can copy and paste the transaction data from another source into Excel and import that too as a batch.
    Besides manually retyping the bank amounts after the cashbook entries have been created to ensure that the debtor and creditors invoice matching is correct, is there any other way to auto allocate for choose an invoice allocation in the process?

Thanks
    Sean

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanb17 View Post
    Besides manually retyping the bank amounts after the cashbook entries have been created to ensure that the debtor and creditors invoice matching is correct, is there any other way to auto allocate for choose an invoice allocation in the process?

Thanks
    Sean
    On each line of the journal, press the F3 function key to invoke the Match Open Item window.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)