Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Foreigners occupying local jobs?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    That not only goes for South Africa but for most other countries too. Be that as it may, we have choices, we choose to send our daughters to a good (non-private) school, we choose to educate them and ourselves, we choose to build our own business against all odds. I will not let circumstance dictate who we are. South Africans need to stop talking about how terrible the big picture is and start to concentrate on their own sphere of influence. Yes, the government are a bunch of useless idiots, yes there is BEE, yes jobs are being lots and and... we can sit and whine about it or each of us can create our own piece of heaven. The world is a $h1t place and lots of terrible things happen but you know, at the end of each day I am quite satisfied with my own life because I know that I put in everything that I have to accomplish my goals...and that is as much as there is to life!
    Well said! I agree, if you are not happy with your life, you must be making the wrong choices. If you want change, start with yourself.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Is no one going to comment on the Zimbabwean remark that I made and that SA is going the same way. I get the feeling that the "positive" comments all come from those who have businesses, retired or employed. What about my comment regarding jobless people?

The stats about unemployment was in the news last night, any reaction regarding the figures?

I would like the forum to comment on the statements/comments that I made, the answers/responses are vague in my opinion.

Unfortunately I speak straight and do not walk around an issue as I am not an politician.

On channel 190 on Dstv they air many true stories, take some time and have a look at what those people go/went through.

Once again, are we (SA) going to stick our head in a hole, or are we (All of us) going to prevent deterioration? When it suits us (SA) we get programs from abroad, but when we make a hash of things and we ask questions, we are quickly reminded that this is Africa. Are we going forwards or are we losing the plot.

Enjoy your day.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Fill us in - what comment did you make that we didn't reply to ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JanChris View Post
    I say it again - Just look around you and see the state of our country. Everything functioned reasonably well before the current government.
    Are you honestly saying that things were better under the previous (i.e. Apartheid) government?

Founder of Growth Surge - Helping entrepreneurs create more wealth and enjoy more freedom.

5. Thanks given for this post:

HR Solutions (30-Jul-14)

Thanks
    ^ Sadly, yes!

Governance, manufacturing, employment...

Sadly, because the previous lot were rabid racists who could not see further than taking most of SA's spoils for themselves (ethnic grouping).

This has been supplanted with rabid racists who can not see further than taking most of SA's spoils for themselves (personally).
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Thanks
    Jan, I sympathise with your situation and I agree that it’s desperate out there.

How many recruitment agencies have your CV? How many businesses have you approached directly? How many hours a day do you spend on your job – looking for a job?

What about the option of starting a business?

I am not optimistic because I have a business, I have a business because I am optimistic.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post
    Jan, I sympathise with your situation and I agree that it’s desperate out there.

How many recruitment agencies have your CV? How many businesses have you approached directly? How many hours a day do you spend on your job – looking for a job?

What about the option of starting a business?

I am not optimistic because I have a business, I have a business because I am optimistic.
    Hi, If I tell you that that I have applied and forwarded my CV to jobs and recruitment agencies more than 400 times.

I am not a youngster anymore but still have commitments.

I have tried and still busy trying to get investors to finance my design but not very successfully. A guy on the forum has responded (which I am grateful for) but nothing since. I know I have a winner. I appreciate all those who agree and disagree with my comments but it is a fact that whites are losing more jobs and are less successful when applying for new positions. I have mentioned before that my interviewer was less qualified than me and would not appoint me to the position, (I was interviewed on this occasion by a white person).

But I will always be positive and will always believe we live in the best country in the world but don't shoot me for discussing issues that are close to my heart and for those who cannot see it.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post
    I declare this the quote of the month to date!

10. Thanks given for this post:

wynn (04-Aug-14)

Suspended
    Thanks
    I'm afraid Janchris - if you feel that things were better beforehand, then you are seriously looking at it the wrong way. So what you are actually saying is - Jobs were easier to get for whites under the previous regime. Yes of course its more difficult now. You have to go out there and look for a job ....as pmb says above and as I said on a previous thread. Have you sent your cv to our company ? Have you uploaded it on our data base ? Because if you haven't done EVERYTHING to look then you really cant complain can you ?

I say it again - Just look around you and see the state of our country. Everything functioned reasonably well before the current government.
    Really ?? .... So the seventies was better for you ? Have you been overseas at all ? Some things work better over there and some don't and then you will actually realize that SA is NOT that far behind the world.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    Fill us in - what comment did you make that we didn't reply to ...
    Hi, the comment about SA becoming like Zim.
    Explaining new western business practices to an unemployed South African.

Some one has made a partial comment but I would like to get your view on the subject.

We must not choose to read what we perceive issues to be but to see the true/actual case at hand.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast