So the other morning I come up to a traffic light behind another car. Soon after I stopped this car starts rolling back, I hooted and hooted but it just kept on coming, I could not reverse as there were cars behind me. Boomp the car bumps into mine at low speed, still hooting I could see that it was a grey haired granny who had no idea she was resting her car against mine. I open my door to get out, but the light changed green and off she went. At the next red light it was a double lane and I moved across, we were now parked side by side. Now was my opportunity, I though, to confront this lady not to shout or anything, but merely to make her aware of what she had done. So I looked over at her and hooted, I opened my window to try and talk to her. Suddenly she started going backwards again, she kept on going back for about 10m until she made contact with another car. I could see that she had no idea it happened, she kept on looking forward unfased by the hooting car behind her. The driver of that car got out and approached her window, he tried to get her attention but she just stared forward…shortly after the light turned green and off she went again. I was tempted to follow her but did not want to get bumped again and I knew there was not really any damage to my car, the driver of the other car did seem to follow her, whether he got her to stop is another story.

Shame I am not angry at this old lady, however she should not be driving at all. I mean she did not know she was going backwards and made two vender benders she was not even aware of.

I am not really an advocate of setting an age limit on drivers, however I feel that drivers over a certain age should be tested every 6 months for competency.