Thread: looking for three pronged screwdrivers

Thanks

looking for three pronged screwdrivers

These stupid manufacturers use sometimes these special screws with three slots instead of 1 (flat) or 4 (philips). My not even 1y old kettle stopped working and as an engineer I want to know why. 3 of the 5 screws keeping it together are philips, but 2 of the 5 screws are the ones with 3 slots. I cannot get it apart unless I drill it out, but then I cannot get it back together if I manage to repair it.

Does anybody know where I can get these screwdrivers in Cape Town (Southern Subs)?
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Thanks
    I have looked around for those special screwdrivers before and had no luck, so what I do is to use a thin drill bit and drill it a few milimeters into the screw. Then I put the drill in reverce, put some pressure, and the screw comes right out. This way you don’t damage the thread inside, allowing you to re-use the same wholes with normal screws
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    I'm not sure exactly what the screw head looks like, maybe you can find a picture and attach it. I'd start looking somwhere like RS Components, they won't be cheap but they carry a massive range and will deliver to your door.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    The Chinese shops often have little screwdriver sets that include all those odd bits.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post
    I have looked around for those special screwdrivers before and had no luck, so what I do is to use a thin drill bit and drill it a few milimeters into the screw. Then I put the drill in reverce, put some pressure, and the screw comes right out. This way you don’t damage the thread inside, allowing you to re-use the same wholes with normal screws
    Thanks, brilliant and most cost effective and fast solution. I will try that. I actually have screw extractors, but not for such tiny screws.
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.