Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Win8: This sounds sooo familiar!

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    Fair enough. I am pro technology but I am anti consumption...

...and just having a whinge :-)
    Lol ............. we all entitled to that every now and again

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    ...and just having a whinge :-)
    +1 ... though personally I like a Wine much more ... especially the liquid type after I've issued the verbal type (need some lubrication)!
    Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves. - Norm Franz
    And central banks are the slave clearing houses

Thanks
    Actually this sums it up pretty drastically on MS's side: http://www.infoworld.com/print/245624

Though to me it feels like whipping a dead horse.

Edit and another showing just how bad it is there at MS: http://blog.garrytan.com/how-a-bug-i...d-time-per-day
    Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves. - Norm Franz
    And central banks are the slave clearing houses

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    "planned obsolescence" works, because people are like sheep (as discussed here in a previous thread)

We put so much stress in our lives with chasing after the latest gadgets. Consider the new tech watches that can take your heart rate and monitors your fitness etc etc.

I'll be a neurotic, nervous wreck if I ever have to wear one of those things. It will will be even worse if its connected to Facecrook where everyone can see when I'm having a crap or a legover!
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I don't think that it is that people are sheep per se, I think it is because urban people are programmed to be like that from a very young age. The reason I believe this is because rural people don't have this programming. It is natural for people to want "more" and "better" but that need is used by advertisers to drive society to buy buy buy. What would happen if advertising was totally disabled? I think that people would actually be a lot happier because they would not continually feel compelled to buy the next incremental upgrade.

Like I said before, I love technology and I love human technological advancement, I am just against the terrible waste caused by planned obsolescence.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.