Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Child sexual abuse in South Africa

Thanks

Child sexual abuse in South Africa

Interesting article in Slate Magazine

http://www.slate.com/blogs/behold/20...th_africa.html
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    it took too long to download, perhaps another time, not sure if I do actually want to read it?

Thanks
    I remember hearing, some years back, that the Afrikaans community had around 30% incest rate - of fathers/uncles/family on daughters. How true this is, I'm not sure.

In Holland, a similar thing occurs. Disgusting.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by desA View Post
    I remember hearing, some years back, that the Afrikaans community had around 30% incest rate - of fathers/uncles/family on daughters. How true this is, I'm not sure.

In Holland, a similar thing occurs. Disgusting.
    It would be handy if you can find and quote the source of your info, statements like this are bound to get people irate.

5. Thank given for this post:

Citizen X (20-May-14), Dave A (19-May-14)

Thanks
    With pleasure.

Based on personal testimony of a young wife & mother who was being counseled - plus various other 'known experiences' within the Christian counseling community. Over the years of her ordeal, she'd also done research in the Afrikaans community - similar 'facts' were emerging. Other folks in the field concurred with the depth of the problem, in general.

In Holland, a similar thing occurs.
    This comment is based on my personal research in bringing a Dutch sex predator in Asia, to book - Interpol & local child-protection police were involved. Much of the feedback also came via people 'in the know'. The Dutch even have a Pedophile Party, which advocates age of consent to be 12 years old. The 'known' problem there is around 30%.

It is a real problem in many parts of the world. SA generally suffers from denial. This is not a nice subject, at all.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Thanks
    @Des

Incest was common during the days of the voortrekkers, as the population was small and isolated. The same happened to any isolated population anywhere in the world. Iceland is a good example. You seem to have somehow merged this fact with poor anecdotal evidence and come to the conclusion that modern Afrikaners have a high rate of incest, you even place it at 30%. This is factually incorrect. I studied child abuse as part of my psychology studies and throughout the literature there is no evidence to support your claim.

I mean no disrespect, but you should post verifiable research results supporting your claim/belief or retract your comment and apologise.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Even the Pope is apologizing??? WTF
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    The Pope made a statement that 1 in 50 priests are pedophiles. That's scary!
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Aye well, maybe the pope should allow them to marry so that they also have the toys that God made for men to play with!

Thanks
    I suspect a fair amount of denial in SA - especially amongst certain communities. Time will tell all - it always does.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.