Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Child sexual abuse in South Africa

Thanks
    I am astonished that you are willing, in spite of no proof whatsoever, to maintain your position

Your claim is absurd and made from a position of total ignorance and prejudice
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    Aye well, maybe the pope should allow them to marry so that they also have the toys that God made for men to play with!
    Since when does a man have to be married to be allowed to play with his toys?
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Thanks
    After being married long enough you only really play with your own toys
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post
    Aye well, it's better than playing with little boys.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by desA View Post
    I remember hearing, some years back, that the Afrikaans community had around 30% incest rate - of fathers/uncles/family on daughters. How true this is, I'm not sure.

In Holland, a similar thing occurs. Disgusting.
    What an odd statement to make.

Ek het groot geword 50% Afrikaans en 50% Engels en ek het nooit sulke stront gehoor nie. Ek het Hollandse vriende en hulle het ook nooit so iets gese nie.

Des, anecdotal evidence is no evidence.

Thanks
    As I say, time will tell all, in terms of SA & the Dutch-ancestry community. My research & discussions (admittedly some years ago now) indicates a real problem. I'm sure members of that community will say otherwise. This is usual for these matters.

This subject is incredibly emotive. Have observed many situations close-up in SE Asia, where numerous of these perverts exist. The Netherlands officials in these regions have an incredible time cleaning in-house & maintaining their external image. As a result of such exposures, lives are often on the line - it is not a light matter. Enough said.

I have recent anecdotal evidence of a Dutch visitor who works at child shelters in SA, who has abused a large number of young folks. The lady managing this matter in SA has taken this individual as far as High Court, at personal expense - with much apparent difficulty, due to local buy-offs & intimidation. The scourge exists in SA - well & truly.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Thanks
    Pmbguy admonished:
    I am astonished that you are willing, in spite of no proof whatsoever, to maintain your position

Your claim is absurd and made from a position of total ignorance and prejudice
    Quite the contrary. The world around us is often not what we see on the surface. I will not reveal specific experiences, over the years.

My experience of South African nationals is that they lived in an idealised world during the 1970's through early 1990's. The realities of living in a a post-colonial era, which has been overtaken by Africanisation, will emerge, over time. Many stories will find their way to the history books. The world we thought we knew, will turn out to be very different, when viewed in hindsight.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    What an odd statement to make.

Ek het groot geword 50% Afrikaans en 50% Engels en ek het nooit sulke stront gehoor nie. Ek het Hollandse vriende en hulle het ook nooit so iets gese nie.

Des, anecdotal evidence is no evidence.
    I agree. The Afrikaans community was so conservative that even accompanying your cousin to bio scope was frowned upon. Yes, there has been cases of incest, mostly in poor and isolated communities (I know of only one anecdotal case) but I do not believe that it was a higher percentage than in other groups.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post
    Like Mark Lottering said; "We were so poor, my parents had no money to buy me toys. I am so glad that I was born a boy, otherwise I would have nothing to play with...."
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    I agree. The Afrikaans community was so conservative that even accompanying your cousin to bio scope was frowned upon. Yes, there has been cases of incest, mostly in poor and isolated communities (I know of only one anecdotal case) but I do not believe that it was a higher percentage than in other groups.
    I think that the entire discussion is absurd because there is no way to get valid statistical data. The same goes for rape and crime in general. The only data that there is, is either anecdotal or crimes that were reported.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.