Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ADVICE PLEASE

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    I think that the car should "get stolen" from the road outside your premises and that you should miraculously discover a brown envelope that just covers your costs...I mean hell, $h1t happens in this country every day!

...........not a bad thought........

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    @nikisher, not trying to be sarcastic here, but have you learn't from this experience?
    The reason for this question, is that we as business owners have been in a situation similar to yours at some stage or other, and we develop strategies and policies to attempt to avoid these kind of occurrences, where you lay out your money to fulfill an order and have difficulty getting the money back.
    Believe me.......OH YES.........i have definately learnt.
    Going back to court again tomorow. At least i have proof of e-mails, faxes, texts and a calll register as proof that i did try contacting him NUMEROUS times.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Hi Nikisher, would love to hear how this eventually panned out. There would be some lessons in there for some of us

Email problem
    Thanks

REPLY - ADVICE PLEASE

Quote Originally Posted by flaker View Post
    Hi Nikisher, would love to hear how this eventually panned out. There would be some lessons in there for some of us

Hi

I placed a "Defray Expenses" Legal AD in the Newspapers and still the vehicle was not claimed for. Anyway last week I was contacted by an agent from "MFC" stating that he traced this vehicle to me. Apparantly this client still owes a lot of money on this vehicle to the bank. They suggested that I hand over this vehicle to them, they would auction it and then pay me the money that I have expensed on the car. I have however not agreed to this. Now they suggested that they will send an assessor to my place to inspect the vehicle, they would then pay me for my expenses and then only I should hand over this vehicle to them.

I am still waiting for a week now for the assessor but they haven't come as yet. something also sounds very fishy about this. I really don't know who to trust right now.

5. Thanks given for this post:

flaker (09-Jun-14)

Thanks
    It was probably a 'friend' of the real owner trying to get his wheels back. Possession is two thrids of the battle. So keep it until you were paid.
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Houses4Rent View Post
    It was probably a 'friend' of the real owner trying to get his wheels back. Possession is two thrids of the battle. So keep it until you were paid.
    Yes......just as I thought......but its really now a lonnnng battle!

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flaker View Post

Hello

Guys, now I am really stressed out and don't know what to do anymore. I will be needing a lawyer...........now that's another expense.
    I have now been contacted by the MFC. Apparantly this guy is still owing money on this vehicle to the bank. They have sent out the assessors to me last week to evaluate the vehicle. Now they have a "problem" paying me for the invoice that I have issued. They say that they cannot pay me and that I will have to trace the owner has the vehicle is now "the banks property". I really don't know what to do. The guy from MFC acted quite faulty. He tells me that if he wants......he could report this vehicle as stolen and get the SAP to pick it up from me.
    Please advise.......

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    An interesting stand-off you've got going there.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikisher View Post
    I will be needing a lawyer...........now that's another expense.
    Reporting the vehicle as stolen when they know full well it isn't could leave them open to a charge of fraud, of course. But given their bluster, perhaps point out to the guy from MFC that, if required, you'll be adding your legal costs to the bill. Maybe that'll help break the deadlock.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Just wondering, that the chaps that pitched up are probably independent from MFC, and are pissed off because they only get paid on the successful delivery of a repossessed vehicle. So will try any tactic to intimidate who ever is in the way to collect the vehicle.

I suggest that you contact MFC directly, and see that you can not get paid out directly by them and allow them then and only then to repose the vehicle. Worth a try. IN the meantime move the vehicle out of your current premises.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Clamp the wheels & make the vehicle un-towable. Notify them that the vehicle can only be removed from your premises when the invoice is paid in full.

They are blowing smoke.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12