Thread: Insurance claims

Diamond Member
    Thanks

Insurance claims

Busy with a small claim for some damage to a vehicle.

It seems you need to make sure that you have at least your broker present to answer all the questions or better still an attorney when the assessor arrives. Learnt the hard way with this one, cant tell you how many times claims have been rejected due to something said during the assessor interrogation. Don't be fooled by their friendly chit chat. their job is to catch you out and figue out a way to reject your claim.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    What insurance company? I reserve my answer on this one.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Let me guess. Must be a direct insurer...

If you feel it was unjust and unfair argue with them. If that fails look at the short term insurance ombudsman maybe? It sounds you have regular claims which might contribute to the insurance's behaviour?
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Between the broker and the insurer I not sure which is the biggest problem. The broker just doesn't look after my best interest then I found out that the broker and the insurer are related. I have started moving all my insurance to a new broker.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Hi ians, May i ask if this broker is based in the Westville office park near the Pavilion Complex? you need not mention any names.

Thanks
    Maybe find a broker and/or insurer who is related to you, lol. Look out for Phil Cooper on his forum, He is my broker and I found him on another forum, but I think he is currently on leave.

As I said if you think your claim rejection was unfair there is always the Ombudsman.

But its very hard to comment in more detail withouyt knpowimn what your claim was and why it was rejected.
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by flaker View Post
    Hi ians, May i ask if this broker is based in the Westville office park near the Pavilion Complex? you need not mention any names.
    I know an insurance company with its Durban claims office that fits that location. Never had a problem with any of my claims with them, though.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    I know an insurance company with its Durban claims office that fits that location. Never had a problem with any of my claims with them, though.
    Never did i as a matter of fact. Over 30 years with them.But when they started wearing two caps (broker & claims/insurer), the premiums began a climb

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    There are just some things that happen that you can do nothing but laugh, watching these assessors go about their jobs can only make a person laugh.

I watched the assessor walk around my property when i put in a claim for driveway taking pictures of my fence my house and stuff that had nothing to do with driveway claim. When i asked why all the pics, i was told it was standard procedure.

The oke come to assessor my vehicle for broken windscreen and damage to the bonnet, but he is taking pics of my tyres 😳 next thing he is in the vehicle raking pics of the dash, seats, side panels, back doors, when i asked why he was raking pics of the back door and side panels when the claim is for the windscreen and bonnet, it is standard procedure 😳.

Dave just just for the record i was also insured with a company in Westville for years and never had a problem, they took my money every month without missing a month, premiums where increased every year and then something absolutely dreadful happened, i put in a claim, suddenly the wheels fell off😉. Isnt it amazing how you can have such a good relation ship with your insurance company until you put in a claim that small print or assessors report just destroys everything.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.