I am organising a webinar for my clients next week that will be co-facilitated by Kirstin van Bever Donker from Maserumule Inc Attorneys. We will be discussing the impact that the amended Labour Relations Act will have on dismissals, including:
- Firing someone where no employment contract exists.
- Dismissing high income employees.
- Terminating temporary employees to avoid "deemed employment".
- The non-renewal of fixed term employment contracts.
- Terminating "indefinite" fixed term employment contracts.
I would love to include any questions that Forum SA users may have as points of discussion for the workshop, so kindly post any queries that you may have in this thread (obviously I will post answers after the webinar, which is scheduled for 15:30 on Thursday, April 24).
We will also spend some time discussing dismissal best practice more generally, so you are welcome to post any dismissal-related questions (they don't have to be specific to the implications of the new Labour Relations Act).