I wonder whether any of you had goen through this before.

I and my wife had some old style RA's. I was new in the country and invested in them to the max as I thought its a good idea to reduce our taxable income by 15%. I call them old style, because back then before Rob Rusconi blew the whistle on the RA scheme the penalties were not regulated yet. Since then several layers of protection have been implemented for all newer policies and the penalties are far less severe.

So when I understood what Rob was explaning and due to personal circumstances I made our RA's paid up. We had to bite the bullet and pay the penalty. Terrible, but we will life. However, their performance is still a joke and I now learnt that I can actually transfer them to something different as long as the new investment vehicle it complies with some rule/section 28 of some whats_the_name pension act. If I do that they want to slap me with yet another round of penalties which I do not deem correct nor fair.
Does anybody know more about and how to fight thhe second penalties? The only avenue I haev in midn is the Ombudsman, but they often are a toothless body in my understanding. Is there maybe some case law?