Good day,
I had a Con/Arb 26th on which my employer objected and did come to the conciliation then. The whole process was wrong. I was charged for gross dishonesty and unauthorized absence...for one day I mailed my manager early and said I have to take the day off (one day) I had to be in court I was in a car accident....if you do request I can send the detailed info about that, but still I feel its irrelevant because I did have leave and its personal. Manager said I have to bring court order next day...Ill skip all the fine detail, but almost a month later I rec a notive of disiplinary enquiry, I asked him them for time off to go to court to get the proof (as I did before on which he said he only need the case number that I did not have.) He gave me time off and I called my lawyer, met him at court and he gave me a stamped letter from court. I handed it in assuming all will be better. I also requested more info re charges 3 days before hearing (I rcved it 50 min before hearing). After everything I got dismissed - he said the doc is false and I wasn't where I said I was. I got fired!!!!!!!! I was in court, one day leave, letter was not false - fired immediately! This is after a lot of things (unfair labour) happened in a year and even the hearing itself is so not according to procedure. I went to ccma, had a lawyer, and I was under impression I could take matters further after that day. I signed a settlement for 2 months salary and letter of good service. I'm not happy!!!! I don't want that settlement. I did not know that would be the end of the line. No job!! Got fired for nothing getting that. There is nothing that can make up loosing my income, throwing away 8 years of work to get to the point where I was...2 children to provide for. For not doing anything wrong. What can I do? I worked there for a year and six months, please help. My lawyer says there is nothing I could realy do anymore and that settlement is the best I would get.