I get an sms this morning from Standard Bank........Beneficiary 334555 was deleted on 29/3/14 as it has an invalid beneficiary reference.

Not having done any banking this morning and not a clue which beneficiary this is or why they should be deleting anything on my account....I take the big decision to phone Standard bank.

Spoke to 5 different departments each of whom could not help me and each put me through to another department.
Eventually returned to the initial message which was........please key in your card number followed by your 5 digit pin....???wtf
I kid you not. This just after a message comes up while you are waiting that says do not give your pin to anybody and we will never ask you for it.
A short while later they tell me I seem to be having difficulties with this request so ......goodbye.
Not ..we will put through to a person that can try and help you, not we actually care about you and all that BS....Just a F*&^ you very much.

15 minutes on the phone to get nowhere.......I would have got further in a government department. I do not understand why Telkom is having financial difficulties when BS Standard Bank and their fellow Corporations are ringing up a big score on your telephone bill everytime you take the huge step to phone one of them with a query.

This phone a help desk story for Standard Bank is getting worse - they might as well let their chinese shareholders take over the help desk where I can get sorted out by someone in Beijing.

Just my morning rant - trying to get it out rather than doing road rage.....Nope - dont feel any better - Think I'll do some MMA stuff this afternoon.