Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need a web designer so that we can make serious money...

Diamond Member
    Thanks

I need a web designer so that we can make serious money...

Idea time again. I've struck upon an absolutely brilliant idea to make a $h1tload of money. What I need is the services of a web designer. The website will have to be commerce enabled and certain aspects will have to be set up to my specifications. It is nothing terribly complex. I think that one of the ecommerce platforms can be adapted quite easily.

There is one thing that is different to normal proposals in that I am not going to pay you up front. I am willing to give you commission on sales. If I were to pay you up front then you would get one cash payment and I will probably never see you again. If you work with me in the manner I propose then you will be assured of a regular income provided that you make sure that the website runs without any problems and that you would do the occasional tweak that might be required. The website belongs to me and you take no Copyright on my idea. We would of course have a contract stating that you will get your commission as long as the site is up. The reason I need this in place is because I refuse to give away rights to my ideas.

Another way to do it is for me to put the entire site up with something like OsCommerce and to muddle along and have tweaks done on an ad-hoc basis. It is dangerous because I've already had one of my OsCommerce sites trashed.

The idea is not pie in the sky, I already have artists on board whose art is sought after. The potential artist base and client base is truly boundless.

It's your choice, you can come in with me and make serious money in the long term.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    The potential artist base and client base is truly boundless.

It's your choice, you can come in with me and make serious money in the long term.
    Adrian, sounds like you are taking some MLM terminology here..........
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    The idea is not pie in the sky, I already have artists on board whose art is sought after. The potential artist base and client base is truly boundless.

Could you provide more details about what exactly your idea entails? I'm open to the proposal in theory, but I'd need a lot more information about the business model and growth strategy before I committed to the terms that you are proposing.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    hmmm...

Not at all, if there is one thing that I have then it is really good viable ideas. I have all the pieces in place except the website. I've got artists, products, suppliers and customers. All I need is to tie them all together. It's this simple, the artist get commission, I take a cut and the web developer takes a cut, nobody else!

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I suppose it is unreasonable to ask a person to go in with me on those terms without them knowing what they are getting themselves into but I am also unwilling to lay it all out on the table to see if people are keen.

The more I think about it the more I think it will be better to put the entire structure in place myself and then have somebody do the tweaks that I need. I will put two websites up in parallel, the real one and then also the development one. The development one will be used as a platform to do the tweaks.

Ok, I've made my decision while writing this post. I think it best to go it alone. I will show you what I'm up to once it's up and making money!

Thanks
    Ok, I've made my decision while writing this post. I think it best to go it alone. I will show you what I'm up to once it's up and making money!
    Too slow fatso!!!
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

7. Thanks given for this post:

adrianh (26-Mar-14)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    My only response would be to post the following questions?

This is regards to kinds of thinking .

System 1 Thinking
    Fast and Automatic

System 2 thinking
    It's slow; it's deliberative; and it's takes a lot of effort

Example

A bat and a ball cost $1.10 in total. The bat costs $1.00 more than the ball. How many cents does the ball cost?

If it takes 5 machines 5 minutes to make 5 widgets, how many minutes would it take for 100 machines to make 100 widgets?

In a lake, there is a patch of lily pads. Every day, the patch doubles in size. If it takes 48 days for the patch to cover the entire lake, how many days would it take for the patch to cover half of the lake?

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I'll say this much, this is going to be an on-going cash cow of note. It's amazing how a couple of separate ideas can be interlinked to form a cool concept. It's one of those things that crystalized in my head this morning while speaking with a well know photographer.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    @vieome - you got me, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Good luck Adrian
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast